Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Newman, (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Dukeís in the Emergency

I finally received the vets full report as there was 2. She’s on vacation now. Now this is NOT my vet but the emergency vets 24/7. I need to talk to her cause she has some explaining to do. Her report says that I SAID to her within 2 months Duke’s tongue turned blue n had breathing issues !?? I NEVER said that, I said he had a wheezing sound 2x within 2 months when my son can over with his dogs. Duke played 10mins n I put him in the house for time out and he was find. Never have I said he was blue. Hell I would of been at the vet ASAP if this happened previously 2x. Then when I was there she tried to calm him down while I was holding him down with a mask with air in front of his nose and that wasn’t helping so I agreed for her to give a sedative to calm him n put a breathing tube. She said she will call me when he’s breathing on his own. But as god is my witness, she sure didn’t see and say ANYTHING positive that I might lose Duke. An hour later I call her. She said Duke’s vitals are all normal. I asked her if his vitals are perfect why does he still have his breathing tube? She said she’ll call me back and will remove the breathing tube. I was so happy my little guy is on track. She calls me to say come down we are losing Duke. I raced there. Duke was still back on the tube n vitals weren’t good. But I swear I asked her 3x why is duke moving? She said... he woke up and his airways collapsed as per her note! I recall when I did EMS there is NO WAY you put any tubes down a humans throat even goes for pets as you will kill them. They need to be sedated. There’s too many things on her report that doesn’t jives. If Duke was even semi awake especially him as he’s a hyper dog, he would of fight that tube n yes it would kill him. She basically kill Duke. A non-experience bulldog vet. And I will never forget how fast she when for the euthanize shot. I even told her NO WAIT n she backed off. I even had her repeat on some questions but before seeing the report she NEVER mentioned Duke was semi awake to enter the 2nd tube. None of this was mentioned. Only when I when back she said they did an X-ray of his lungs n there was fluid n it came out of his nose which was dark brown in colour. I asked her why is he moving as I felt him wiggle each time I was talking. He knew I was there holding him. She said he’s semi awake but it’s the machine that’s keeping him alive as his airways has collapsed and he won’t be able to breathe on his own anymore. I didn’t want him to suffer anymore. These last 3 hours was enough suffering. I feel she screwed up with that 2nd tube while he wasn’t full sedated. Here in Canada vets n even if you go for plastic surgery, they make you sign a form that if there’s any emergency, you’re giving the ok for the doctor to work on the emergency issue if there is one to occur. They protect their a*ses here. You can’t sue them cause of that form.

In a bit I’m going with Paul Newman (Jake) to see my bully vet. I want him to check his soft pallet n nostrils. At the same time I will tell him that “B” secretary that was there June 29 when I called ASAP to bring Duke there, she said on the phone DONT COME HERE WE ARE FULLY BOOKED N NOT TAKING ANYMORE!!! I gave her **** on the phone while rushing there n she said to go to the emergency vet 24/7 and she’ll call them immediately to greet me. I was basically sent to a non bully vet that killed my Duke. So I’m off there in a bit...

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member thett's Avatar
    Real Name
    Theresa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Stella
    Likes (Received)

@helsonwheels Helene, I am just now seeing this post and I am driving back from a weekend up north. I have been disconnected all weekend and I canít tell if this is recent or not.. but I cannot stop sobbing.
    I am so so sorry to k ow that you lost a huge part of your heart. You are a wonderful momma and Duke surely loves you!
    I canít emagine the pain you are all in right now. It just breaks my heart!

I am so very very sorry!!! We are here for you, I am here for you. And I will be praying for you and your family and sweet Nyla.
    I think you have just lived all of our worst nightmare and I just couldnít be more sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Hceril, helsonwheels liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    I finally received the vets full report as there was 2. Sheís on vacation now. Now this is NOT my vet but the emergency vets 24/7. I need to talk to her cause she has some explaining to do. Her report says that I SAID to her within 2 months Dukeís tongue turned blue n had breathing issues !?? I NEVER said that, I said he had a wheezing sound 2x within 2 months when my son can over with his dogs. Duke played 10mins n I put him in the house for time out and he was find. Never have I said he was blue. Hell I would of been at the vet ASAP if this happened previously 2x. Then when I was there she tried to calm him down while I was holding him down with a mask with air in front of his nose and that wasnít helping so I agreed for her to give a sedative to calm him n put a breathing tube. She said she will call me when heís breathing on his own. But as god is my witness, she sure didnít see and say ANYTHING positive that I might lose Duke. An hour later I call her. She said Dukeís vitals are all normal. I asked her if his vitals are perfect why does he still have his breathing tube? She said sheíll call me back and will remove the breathing tube. I was so happy my little guy is on track. She calls me to say come down we are losing Duke. I raced there. Duke was still back on the tube n vitals werenít good. But I swear I asked her 3x why is duke moving? She said... he woke up and his airways collapsed as per her note! I recall when I did EMS there is NO WAY you put any tubes down a humans throat even goes for pets as you will kill them. They need to be sedated. Thereís too many things on her report that doesnít jives. If Duke was even semi awake especially him as heís a hyper dog, he would of fight that tube n yes it would kill him. She basically kill Duke. A non-experience bulldog vet. And I will never forget how fast she when for the euthanize shot. I even told her NO WAIT n she backed off. I even had her repeat on some questions but before seeing the report she NEVER mentioned Duke was semi awake to enter the 2nd tube. None of this was mentioned. Only when I when back she said they did an X-ray of his lungs n there was fluid n it came out of his nose which was dark brown in colour. I asked her why is he moving as I felt him wiggle each time I was talking. He knew I was there holding him. She said heís semi awake but itís the machine thatís keeping him alive as his airways has collapsed and he wonít be able to breathe on his own anymore. I didnít want him to suffer anymore. These last 3 hours was enough suffering. I feel she screwed up with that 2nd tube while he wasnít full sedated. Here in Canada vets n even if you go for plastic surgery, they make you sign a form that if thereís any emergency, youíre giving the ok for the doctor to work on the emergency issue if there is one to occur. They protect their a*ses here. You canít sue them cause of that form.

In a bit Iím going with Paul Newman (Jake) to see my bully vet. I want him to check his soft pallet n nostrils. At the same time I will tell him that ďBĒ secretary that was there June 29 when I called ASAP to bring Duke there, she said on the phone DONT COME HERE WE ARE FULLY BOOKED N NOT TAKING ANYMORE!!! I gave her **** on the phone while rushing there n she said to go to the emergency vet 24/7 and sheíll call them immediately to greet me. I was basically sent to a non bully vet that killed my Duke. So Iím off there in a bit...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Nu
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Curly
    Likes (Received)

I really sadden to hear about this and the further developments.

I know there are no words that can truly comfort - in time the pain changes to joyful memories and that is what you will carry with you forever

You are in our prayers.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    check Curly's Lymphoma Journey out on Instagram: Kernel_Curly

7. Likes helsonwheels, rjisaterp liked this post
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I finally received the vets full report...sent to a non bully vet that killed my Duke. So I’m off there in a bit...
    OMG!!!!

Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

9. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

@helsonwheels So sorry for being late on the arrival of Newman Helene!!!! My heart smiled for you and Nyala! Of course not to replace Duke but being his brother....to keep his spirit close, this I believe was Duke's doing

I am shocked at the vet's complete report!!! SOB, that's all I can say........

I continue to pray for you friend, peace, healing, and comfort!! BIG bully hugs from Joey and I !!
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

Real Name
    Natallia
    Country
    Belarus
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

OMG, I wish I never read this, so sad and makes me so angry! So basically what happened they fucked up - they let him wake up with the breathing tube and poor boy started to fight to get it out (anyone would) and broke his Pharynx cartilages or teared his breathing pipe. That’s why she was so sure that he won’t be able to breath any more and was so in a rush to euthanise him. Hate to read this. So sorry Helene.

12. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Newman, (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Went to pick up Duke’s ashes. I walked in the house n Nyala started to jump on me which she never does. I bent down with the box in my hands and she kept hitting the box with her nose, then did a circle then hitting it again, another circle..... I almost dropped the box so I got up. I put the box in my office n she was poking her head in every room looking for the box.

Senseless death!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Went to pick up Dukeís ashes. I walked in the house n Nyala started to jump on me which she never does. I bent down with the box in my hands and she kept hitting the box with her nose, then did a circle then hitting it again, another circle..... I almost dropped the box so I got up. I put the box in my office n she was poking her head in every room looking for the box.

Senseless death!
    they are very smart and in-tune creatures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

15. Likes rjisaterp, helsonwheels liked this post
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Went to pick up Duke’s ashes. I walked in the house n Nyala started to jump on me which she never does. I bent down with the box in my hands and she kept hitting the box with her nose, then did a circle then hitting it again, another circle..... I almost dropped the box so I got up. I put the box in my office n she was poking her head in every room looking for the box.

Senseless death!
    ...loss for words...

Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

17. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

So much sadness here i Just cant believe this has happened to Duke. (and you and Nyala and all of us here) Head spinning, and so hurt. So wrong . .....smiled when i read of your 'phone call' and meeting up with the brother. I hope thats all going well, It sure seems perfect and lets some of the 'hurt' turn now to anger with these new dr results. Sickening and maddening .. so wrong. Hugs Helene, Im so sorry. So much hurt with this one, so many tears.

19. Likes helsonwheels, oscarmayer liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

What a senseless loss !!!! No words can make this go away. RIP Duke, hope his brother cheers up your life !

21. Likes helsonwheels, oscarmayer liked this post
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Remove Ads