Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Duke’s in the Emergency

Helene, Nyala...I wish there were something I could do or say to make things different, better for you guys. This is the most upsetting post I have ever read here on EBN...I cannot imagine your pain.
    Knowing absolutely nothing but searching for an answer...I can only imagine that Duke had an underlying heart issue. I hope you get an answer as I know you want one, need one.

I'll leave you with this...
    Thanks to you and Nyala, and his GO button stuck in the ON position, Duke "really lived" & covered more ground in his short 2.5 years than most 10+ YO Bulldogs.
    Now I'm going to go gather my thoughts and wipe my tears...

Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ellie
    Likes (Received)

OMG!! Helene, I am beyond shocked, and have tears streaming down my face at my desk,

We loved Duke's adventures, Ellie and I send our love and kind thoughts to you during this most difficult and tender time.

Thanks and much Love,

Melissa - Ellie's Mom

3. Likes Hceril, 2BullyMama, Chunky White liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Newman, (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for all your thoughts. Yes Duke did have a great life. Duke was like a toddler. You needed to be there 24/7 for him. He was so full of life and sure kept me on my toes. Days he drained me but in a good way. Tomorrow the emergency vet will be at work. I will have a clearer head to ask her questions. Just don’t understand how that morning Duke being Duke, full of energy running around the backyard trying to put his harness on for a nice walk along a river, take him out of the truck and not 20ft of walk his tongue starts turning purple n gasping for air. Just like that. How his lungs were full of fluids....idk.. I don’t want an autopsy, I don’t want to see him all cut up. I was with him while he was on his last breath hooked up on the table. I hugged him so much with kisses whispering in his ear. I felt him moving like he knew I was there for him. He gave me a little hip wiggle. I will get his ashes n will go spread them with Nyala. I’ve ordered a tiny ash locket so Nyala can have her buddy by her side. Thank you for listening.

Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Thank you for all your thoughts. Yes Duke did have a great life. Duke was like a toddler. You needed to be there 24/7 for him. He was so full of life and sure kept me on my toes. Days he drained me but in a good way. Tomorrow the emergency vet will be at work. I will have a clearer head to ask her questions. Just don’t understand how that morning Duke being Duke, full of energy running around the backyard trying to put his harness on for a nice walk along a river, take him out of the truck and not 20ft of walk his tongue starts turning purple n gasping for air. Just like that. How his lungs were full of fluids....idk.. I don’t want an autopsy, I don’t want to see him all cut up. I was with him while he was on his last breath hooked up on the table. I hugged him so much with kisses whispering in his ear. I felt him moving like he knew I was there for him. He gave me a little hip wiggle. I will get his ashes n will go spread them with Nyala. I’ve ordered a tiny ash locket so Nyala can have her buddy by her side. Thank you for listening.

Thanks and much Love,

Melissa - Ellie's Mom

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Oh my god, my heart goes out to you. This is so sad. RIP Duke.

7. Likes Hceril, 2BullyMama liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie and Jax (French Bulldog)
    Likes (Received)

He definitely knew you were there and he knew how much you loved him

We will be here to listen for as long as you need! Please keep us posted on what you find out.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Sending the biggest hugs I can to you and Nyala.

This hurts my heart so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

10. Likes helsonwheels, Hceril, Cbrugs liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Ollie
    Likes (Received)

I can’t talk much right now my heart is in my throat. He started to pant when he saw his harness n all exited as he’s always. Didn’t do 50 feet his mouth n all turned purple. I have to wait 5hours to see if he’s going to show improvement.

—————————————————-

My Duke is gone. I’m in tears writing this. I will eventually come back and explain. For now I can’t. Poor Nyala, she knows something is wrong. She hasn’t moved from the door.

R.I.P DUKIE
    Love you so much...

HUG YOUR BABIES as you never know!
    OMG Helene. My heart is breaking for you and with. Sending you love.

12. Likes 2BullyMama, Hceril liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

So sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your Duke. Stay strong!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

14. Likes Hceril liked this post
    Kennel Cleaner
    Country
    India
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kobieski
    Likes (Received)

So sorry to hear of your loss, Helene! Duke was so handsome! He will be missed! So tragic! My dear, hope you get through this! Stay strong, Duke surely left a piece of his heart in yours!

16. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

As oscarmayer said "Thanks to you and Nyala, and his GO button stuck in the ON position, Duke "really lived" & covered more ground in his short 2.5 years than most 10+ YO Bulldogs." ** You were the best Mom, and did all your best for Duke,and "we" know that. When it's their time,we are only left behind puzzled, but just have to be grateful for the time that was given to us.Some questions will never be answered and it feels so empty. GOD be with you. Duke was one special fella'.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Potty Trainer
    Country
    Us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cash
    Likes (Received)

How devastating, I am so sorry. A friend of mine lost their baby a few weeks ago and he too was young and it was out of the blue. I feel broken hearted for you.

19. Likes 2BullyMama, OptimisticBully liked this post
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Remove Ads