Bulldog 204

Jun 17, 2019
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Hey all I am looking for suggestions
I have a 5 month old English bulldog and he has soft stools. The are formed but not as hard as I would like. I feed him Royal Canin puppy 1.5 cups twice a day.

Any suggestions on a different type of food or if I should lower it to 1 cup twice a day

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Acana, Orijen, Fromm, Zignature kibbles are good choices. Concerning soft stools with puppies...many times it's less about the food and more about the quantity. If overfeeding, the digestive system is over-worked and cannot process what goes in...creating softer stool. Consider dialing back the quantity once you make the switch. This is something that you will have to get a feel for...trial and error is your friend. Feeding recommendations are based on average dogs(whatever that means). Few dogs fit that description exactly.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hey all I am looking for suggestions
I have a 5 month old English bulldog and he has soft stools. The are formed but not as hard as I would like. I feed him Royal Canin puppy 1.5 cups twice a day.

Any suggestions on a different type of food or if I should lower it to 1 cup twice a day

Great advice from Chip also Royal Canin is mostly ALL grains n fillers. Grains isn’t a good mixture for poop.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Acana, Orijen, Fromm, Zignature kibbles are good choices. Concerning soft stools with puppies...many times it's less about the food and more about the quantity. If overfeeding, the digestive system is over-worked and cannot process what goes in...creating softer stool. Consider dialing back the quantity once you make the switch. This is something that you will have to get a feel for...trial and error is your friend. Feeding recommendations are based on average dogs(whatever that means). Few dogs fit that description exactly.

Totally agree!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.