Puddles of water near bowl ... any suggestions ?

Shipwreck

Oct 4, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
We recently switched food which in turn has increased drinking ... Duke eats fast and furious with the new kibble but also drinks water in the same fashion now .... I happened to inspect his feeding area and lifted the mat (and towels which we added for absorption) to find puddles of water. Obviously his small mat, bowl and towel combo isn’t cutting it .... anyone have success with this? I don’t want to warp our floors.

Should I try ....
1) raised bowl with higher walls?
2) larger feeding mat

Are these worth trying, anything else?

Thanks

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
I use a baby crib waterproof mat under my girls water bowls with towels on top of the mat. I used to use only towels until I saw my floors starting to warp. I just pick them up each weekend and through in the wash and dry and then back on floor.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You can get heavy duty(waterproof) carpet for professional kitchens at an institutional supply, or maybe on Amazon.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I bought a water hog mat from LL bean.. i is bigger than the bowl so catches most of it but not all as they walk away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I use 2 separate XL dish drying mats 18#24 inch, from Walmart, one for food bowl, one for drink. They are very inexpensive around 5 dollars each. And very absorbent.

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
We just use extra thick towels where the bowls go and then I like to put another towel down next to it where our boy would turn his head when taking a breather, to catch all the dribble and to use to wipe his face with afterwards. It's a bulldog, it's gonna be messy. LOL. :D

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
We use the top of a large plastic bin. We painted it to make it look a bit more sightly.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online