Someone got their distichia de-stichified this morning...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
MINI's eyes are a little swollen but otherwise she's doing just fine. In other news, I have the same thing(several lashes on both eyes) and will soon be getting mine corrected. Not really looking forward to it.

mini.jpg

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Great news for MINI!!! Hope your eyes are ok too !!!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
What a pretty face! Good luck with your eyes too!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great news for Mini... she looks beautiful! Dad... OUCH!! When do you go?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Well aren’t we a pretty girl... And you’ll do great too Chip!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh NO... I can't imagine how irritating that is for you!!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Best of Wishes for you,:pray: Chip [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] Will you be as good a patient as Mini?:hmm::nervous:

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Will you be as good a patient as Mini?
Docs, needles, and surgery have become 2nd nature to me...I'm a very good patient. Just getting over foot surgery...again...YAY!
Now THAT's a pretty foot!
foot1.jpg

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Looks painful ! Hope you feel better soon. How's your eyelashes?

Is MINI a good patient too?

It was painful...there's 30 more sutures and a graft inside but it's 90% healed up now. I'm almost walking correctly again. My eyelashes have been plucked and should be good for a couple more weeks. When they grow back, they make me feel like I have something in my eyes that won't flush out...very annoying and irritating.

MINI is a really good girl. The only thing she complains about is the dremel...and she's soooo strong. She is getting better though. Last weekend we did nails on 7 Bulldogs and saved her for last...she only pulled away a few times but I was extra careful to go slow and not quick the nail or get it hot.

Strange thing about MINI. She breaks up squabbles between other dogs. When she's around any 2 dogs that are having a disagreement, MINI jumps into action and places her body between the two and stays there until they stop. If they move to try to get at each other she re-positions herself to block them. It works every time and none of the other dogs would ever think about biting her...they all love her so much. Sometimes she does it when Zoe(Lala and MINI's best friend from out of town) and Lala play because they are so growly when playing.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
ouch! What happened to your foot??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
ouch! What happened to your foot??
Plantar Fibromashttps://www.healthline.com/health/plantar-fibroma
I had 2 large(13mm and 17mm) ones removed about 20 months ago. They returned rather quickly. Different surgeon removed 3 this time over a larger area and took a much larger margin. Hoping they do not return. One nerve was affected, the one that senses feeling in my big toe. I can move it, I just can't feel it...sort of. It's weird. When I return to get my sutures out my Dr. will be happy to see that they are gone and my wound nearly healed. I like playing Doct...er...Surgeon!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Plantar Fibromashttps://www.healthline.com/health/plantar-fibroma
I had 2 large(13mm and 17mm) ones removed about 20 months ago. They returned rather quickly. Different surgeon removed 3 this time over a larger area and took a much larger margin. Hoping they do not return. One nerve was affected, the one that senses feeling in my big toe. I can move it, I just can't feel it...sort of. It's weird. When I return to get my sutures out my Dr. will be happy to see that they are gone and my wound nearly healed. I like playing Doct...er...Surgeon!

Holy ouch!! That had to be painful... plantar, I mean. Taking stitches out probably wasn’t a joy either

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I had to dig them out, ‘‘twas a challenge. I like a challenge...usually.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
It was painful...there's 30 more sutures and a graft inside but it's 90% healed up now. I'm almost walking correctly again. My eyelashes have been plucked and should be good for a couple more weeks. When they grow back, they make me feel like I have something in my eyes that won't flush out...very annoying and irritating.

MINI is a really good girl. The only thing she complains about is the dremel...and she's soooo strong. She is getting better though. Last weekend we did nails on 7 Bulldogs and saved her for last...she only pulled away a few times but I was extra careful to go slow and not quick the nail or get it hot.

Strange thing about MINI. She breaks up squabbles between other dogs. When she's around any 2 dogs that are having a disagreement, MINI jumps into action and places her body between the two and stays there until they stop. If they move to try to get at each other she re-positions herself to block them. It works every time and none of the other dogs would ever think about biting her...they all love her so much. Sometimes she does it when Zoe(Lala and MINI's best friend from out of town) and Lala play because they are so growly when playing.

It must be catching. I just went through the same thing with my eye. I kept thinking I had a cat hair in my eye, then it eventually got worse until it felt like a brick!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.