Does your bulldog fake an injury ?

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
I'm beginning to suspect mine is. Probably to get more attention, but i really hope it's not an injury. We already spent so much money and time getting her back on her feet from her cruciate ligament operation.

However, she is limping on the other leg. She seems to walk fine, and at one stage she ran, and then she limped.

She has a small wound just above her foot, but antibiotic cream should fix that.

But it would be interesting if she did fake an injury, as she has never done it before.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Your dog is limping for a reason and while it's not to gain attention...it should certainly get your attention.
If you can, video the limping and take note of when it happens, the severity, and how long it lasts. Present this info to your Vet and see where that leads you.
Your Bulldog is not trying to "fake" anything.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Never heard of a dog faking an injury. How long ago was the surgery?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Probably cause the so call faking injury one is overworked cause of the real injury. :yes:

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Probably cause the so call faking injury one is overworked cause of the real injury. :yes:

I was thinking possible overcompensating from other injury. I know that happened to me from my back surgery years ago...the other side would start to hurt from overcompensating.

OptimisticBully

Sep 3, 2018
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Kobieski ( Scott)
They do, crazy stuff at times for attention! But never anything out of the way! Faking an injury, no, no! That’s definitely not a Bully!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm beginning to suspect mine is. Probably to get more attention, but i really hope it's not an injury. We already spent so much money and time getting her back on her feet from her cruciate ligament operation.

However, she is limping on the other leg. She seems to walk fine, and at one stage she ran, and then she limped.

She has a small wound just above her foot, but antibiotic cream should fix that.

But it would be interesting if she did fake an injury, as she has never done it before.

as others have stated... it is possible the other leg is hurt or sore from over-compensating due to the surgery. You should have it checked out

OP
yankydoodle

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
Thanks all. I will get her to the vet.

OP
yankydoodle

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
Went to the vet. Turns out it was just a sprain, from the pressure on the left leg due to the operation. No walks for a week and she's on some pain medication now.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Went to the vet. Turns out it was just a sprain, from the pressure on the left leg due to the operation. No walks for a week and she's on some pain medication now.

Great news!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.