Taste of the Wild Food

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
Hi All! It's been ages since I've been on here, but I guess that means all is good. I have a question for those who did or do feed their bully Taste of the Wild. I have heard that the company was bought out and the quality of the food has diminished. I've even heard of lawsuits for the questionable products in the food. Have any of you heard anything or switched food because of it? If so, which brand did you switch to?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi All! It's been ages since I've been on here, but I guess that means all is good. I have a question for those who did or do feed their bully Taste of the Wild. I have heard that the company was bought out and the quality of the food has diminished. I've even heard of lawsuits for the questionable products in the food. Have any of you heard anything or switched food because of it? If so, which brand did you switch to?

Some members do use TOTW and has no issues. There are/been recalls on this product. I personally would go with single protein like...

Acana
Fromm
Zignature

You can always go on dogadvisor.com. Stick to 4-5star kibble. Acana has tripein it so it’s a great probiotic.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

I wouldn't say TOTW was ever considered a high end product, although acceptable, since it is co-packed by Diamond Pet Foods, whose plant had recalls in 2005,2012 and 2013, and who also makes Kirkland brand, Diamond Naturals,4Health etc. I never liked their Pacific stream which didn't state where the salmon was from, so I assume it was farmed. There is currently a class action lawsuit against TOTW because of the lead and and bisphenol A content in their foods. https://truthaboutpetfood.com/new-lawsuit-against-taste-of-the-wild/

OP
Gfitz911

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
Thanks. That's what I'm seeing and I'm thinking I'll be switching over to something else.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Thanks. That's what I'm seeing and I'm thinking I'll be switching over to something else.

You might want to try a limited ingredient product line like a lot of our members feed such as Zignature, Earthborne Holistics Venture line, or Acana Singles to avoid any future problems with allergies, but if not, there's lots of great brands out there. eg. Fromm, Acana, Orijen

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.