Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Poor Bulldozer he had a tough day today. He was absolutely tortured. First I bathed him, which he absolutely hates, water is the enemy. He doesn't even like going out in the rain or snow lol. He always knows when he's going to have a bath, I don't know how he knows, but I'll put his leash on, and walk him down the hall, which is the same way we go when we go outside for a walk, but he knew he was going for a bath, because when we got to the hallway, he tried to make a mad dash to the front door. He did not want to go into the bathroom. After he was dry, I took him to the PetValu across the street from our house, my friend works there, and she does nail trims. She cut Dozer's nails, and he pulled away when she did his back paw, and his nail tore off, he helped so loud, and he bled all over the floor. Poor baby, I cried, my friend cried, she felt so bad, she put some powder on it to try to stop the bleeding, we had to do that 3 times before it finally stopped. He got lots of loving and treats from her, but he was not a happy camper.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    419.6 KB · Views: 164
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 166

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Awwwa poor baby... They sense everything. Lol

How are you Monica? Nice to see you!!! Heard there’s fires in ON but didn’t check where yet. Same here. Stay safe!!!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Aw, poor Dozer. It will take a long time for that nail to come back but it eventually will. Good thing Bulldogs have a very high tolerance for pain. Have you ever tried a Dremel tool on them?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Dozer-the price you pay for beauty. Sorry you had to deal with that-Bet you are harder to get in to the "spa" next time...eh-bulldogpee.gif

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Poor Dozer. Hope his toe will grow out. Castor tore the claw that sits half-way up the leg and it grew out again pretty soon.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It is amazing with all the same actions, they know the difference of what is coming.

Sorry about his nail... poor fella, but he is looking great and handsome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks everyone. He seems okay, his nail is off, but he's not walking any different on it, and he is acting like himself, so doesn't seem to be in pain. I'm sure his nail will grow back soon, he's always hated water and baths since he was a puppy, lol, so he always seems to sense when it's bath time.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
This is Monty when he tore his toenail off and he wouldn't leave it alone. It used to grow at a funny angle but when the new one came in, it was perfect!
Monty's sore toe!.jpg

crabcake

Jan 26, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Crabcake
Really is amazing how they anticipate routines, even if they only happen once a month or so. Crabcake is so spoiled, once a month he goes to doggy spa day where they take care of all of these things, and he is so excited to see all of the people that work at the vets he doesn't mind at all that he will be washed multiple times, nails trimmed, teeth brushed, etc (you know all of the things that he would not tolerate me doing to him).

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.