I love this group but...

Ibrakeforbrachys

Dec 6, 2017
Tacoma, WA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
sometimes it's hard to see all the bulldogs. I miss Bacon so much, it's like a giant hole where my heart should be. I know time is supposed to help with the healing of losing him, but he impacted our lives so much that his presence is very missed. =( The grief is sometimes crippling in it's intensity. I know I'm not too chatty but I do come in and read a lot of the posts. I'm just missing my boy...

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm SO very sorry... and I appreciate your honesty, please know that many of us have felt the same after we lost our babies. We are here for you :assurred:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
sometimes it's hard to see all the bulldogs. I miss Bacon so much, it's like a giant hole where my heart should be. I know time is supposed to help with the healing of losing him, but he impacted our lives so much that his presence is very missed. =( The grief is sometimes crippling in it's intensity. I know I'm not too chatty but I do come in and read a lot of the posts. I'm just missing my boy...

We totally understand... I felt the same after losing our first twoā€”- seven years since Nitschke has past and four years for Banks.. and I still miss them every day... pain doesnā€™t leave just learn to live with it.

Surround yourself with pictures and memoriesā€” it hurts at first, but now, I look at those things and makes me smile and so happy I had them in my life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Reading your post, I can feel the pain. I have been there too many times and it never gets easier. Any dog you have is very much loved,though each has a different spot in your heart. When you are ready, the best treatment for your pain is a puppy. You may not think so, but it is true. Do not deprive yourself of loving again. I am so sorry that you lost Bacon,a pup will not be a replacement,as Bacon was special Bacon, but be a new love-it can happen.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)

I understand; please know that we all think of those whose bulldogs have moved on to bulldog heaven. There is a Swedish line of poetry which in not very elegant translation reads something like "I have known you; I can never lose you" and I try to think of that as a beautiful way of remembering something lovely which is no longer (here).

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
"I have known you; I can never lose you" That is a wonderful quote [MENTION=9875]cefe13[/MENTION] and very true. anyone you have loved and lost never leaves your heart.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
You will always miss Bacon.
Not to diminish what you are going through but so far Iā€™ve lost 11 Bulldogs. Every one of those losses were heartbreaking.
That said, I still have more to offer the Bulldog breed(thereā€™s something very special about them) and we have 4 more in the house now. I know that they will eventually join the 11 already lost.

Four seems like the right amount for us and when the next one goes that simply makes room for another. Iā€™m determined not to live a single day without the company, comfort of a Bulldog(s).
My advice is, as soon as you are able, go out and rescue a Bulldog in need. Thereā€™s one out there that could use the love and attention of a great Bully parent. Start with 1...maybe get 2!
Getting another will never take anything away that you and Bacon had. Those memories are forever.

The people that have adopted form our rescue over the past 20+ years have many times been through what you are going through now. Most are repeat adopters. Adopting another really does help with the healing. Try to view yourself as saver of Bulldogs and now you have the opportunity to help another in need.
I wish I could think of something more to do or say that would help you get through this.

OP
Ibrakeforbrachys

Ibrakeforbrachys

Dec 6, 2017
Tacoma, WA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Thank you everyone. I was just feeling pretty low last night. We are getting another bulldog. ;) A retired breeding girl from a very reputable and responsible breeder. If money was no object, we would definitely have more than one, but we already have two pugs in the house and Bacon wiped out our savings. I absolutely love all our animals; but Bacon was a Momma's boy, for sure. I just miss my shadow. :heart:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you everyone. I was just feeling pretty low last night. We are getting another bulldog. ;) A retired breeding girl from a very reputable and responsible breeder. If money was no object, we would definitely have more than one, but we already have two pugs in the house and Bacon wiped out our savings. I absolutely love all our animals; but Bacon was a Momma's boy, for sure. I just miss my shadow. :heart:

We are always here to help .. do as you have, post here and we will help however we can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I and everyone on here who has lost a beloved pet and family member totally understand. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.