moving with a bully, advise required please!

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
On April 27th Gregory,the fiance, and myself are moving into a large two bedroom apartment. Gregory has lived in a house his whole life, with myself, his grandparents and uncle along with two other dogs. He wont be staying alone in the apartment, hes going to be going to my parents home while we are at work, but im concerned about how to get him to adjust to the new place. Any tips on moving with a bully?

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Honestly Samson and I have lived in 5 different homes in the first 3 years of his life and he never had any issue adjusting so I really don't much advice, sorry! He just always seemed to be content as long as we are together.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I'm sure he'll do fine. Get his crate, bed, toys, water bowl, and food bowl set up for him. He'll nose around and check the place out and probably will want to stay glued to you until he gets used to being there. Have a great, stressless move, if there is such a thing!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I am sure it will great. Just as Alice said, if you put out his things and are available the first day or two to offer comfort that you will still be with him, he will most likely just take a look around and then settle in. Have a good move!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Great advice and thoughts above. Maybe get a new toy too to keep occupied :)

Members online

No members online now.