Sign #321 that you're addicted to EBN

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Your bully thinks that the sound of your laptop closing means that it's dinnertime.

Yup, you read right. I unintentionally trained Stig that closing my laptop means that it's mealtime. We let Stig rest from playing about a half hour before dinner as per [MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION]'s article on Bloating, by focusing on other things rather than him. As you can guess, this is the time I go on the comp and check-up on what's new here. Once he realizes this, he usually stops what he's doing and sits quietly beside me and maybe catch a little nap.

So yesterday afternoon, he was taking his 3-hour afternoon nap and suddenly ran towards the kitchen when he heard my laptop close. :lol: It was about 4pm so it sure wasn't dinnertime yet :p.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
LOL Too funny!!!

Your bully thinks that the sound of your laptop closing means that it's dinnertime.

Yup, you read right. I unintentionally trained Stig that closing my laptop means that it's mealtime. We let Stig rest from playing about a half hour before dinner as per TessaAndSamson's article on Bloating, by focusing on other things rather than him. As you can guess, this is the time I go on the comp and check-up on what's new here. Once he realizes this, he usually stops what he's doing and sits quietly beside me and maybe catch a little nap.

So yesterday afternoon, he was taking his 3-hour afternoon nap and suddenly ran towards the kitchen when he heard my laptop close. :lol: It was about 4pm so it sure wasn't dinnertime yet :p.

YAY you read my article :up: LOL It's totally avoidable, so easy to prevent but so serious if it happens so for me its a no brainer, it's always limited activity an hour to an hour and a half after Sam eats.

L

Lucy-licious

I'll bet Stig was very upset when he didnt get dinner, did you give him a nice treat to tide him over?

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
LOL Too funny!!!

YAY you read my article :up: LOL It's totally avoidable, so easy to prevent but so serious if it happens so for me its a no brainer, it's always limited activity an hour to an hour and a half after Sam eats.

Of course, I think it was the first one I ever read on EBN! Very helpful info, that's when we started doing the break before and after meals. :up:

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

I'll bet Stig was very upset when he didnt get dinner, did you give him a nice treat to tide him over?

Yes, I felt bad so it turn out to be a training session with treats.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.