The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Sign #321 that you're addicted to EBN

Your bully thinks that the sound of your laptop closing means that it's dinnertime.

Yup, you read right. I unintentionally trained Stig that closing my laptop means that it's mealtime. We let Stig rest from playing about a half hour before dinner as per @TessaAndSamson's article on Bloating, by focusing on other things rather than him. As you can guess, this is the time I go on the comp and check-up on what's new here. Once he realizes this, he usually stops what he's doing and sits quietly beside me and maybe catch a little nap.

So yesterday afternoon, he was taking his 3-hour afternoon nap and suddenly ran towards the kitchen when he heard my laptop close. It was about 4pm so it sure wasn't dinnertime yet .

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Sign #321 that you're addicted to EBN

Haha!!! Too funny!!!
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

LOL Too funny!!!

Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    Your bully thinks that the sound of your laptop closing means that it's dinnertime.

Yup, you read right. I unintentionally trained Stig that closing my laptop means that it's mealtime. We let Stig rest from playing about a half hour before dinner as per TessaAndSamson's article on Bloating, by focusing on other things rather than him. As you can guess, this is the time I go on the comp and check-up on what's new here. Once he realizes this, he usually stops what he's doing and sits quietly beside me and maybe catch a little nap.

So yesterday afternoon, he was taking his 3-hour afternoon nap and suddenly ran towards the kitchen when he heard my laptop close. It was about 4pm so it sure wasn't dinnertime yet .
    YAY you read my article LOL It's totally avoidable, so easy to prevent but so serious if it happens so for me its a no brainer, it's always limited activity an hour to an hour and a half after Sam eats.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Lucy-licious

I'll bet Stig was very upset when he didnt get dinner, did you give him a nice treat to tide him over?

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

That is too funny!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Ohhhh..you mean you are supposed to tear yourself away from ebn and actually DO something?? Hmmmm

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TessaAndSamson View Post
    LOL Too funny!!!

YAY you read my article LOL It's totally avoidable, so easy to prevent but so serious if it happens so for me its a no brainer, it's always limited activity an hour to an hour and a half after Sam eats.
    Of course, I think it was the first one I ever read on EBN! Very helpful info, that's when we started doing the break before and after meals.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-licious! View Post
    I'll bet Stig was very upset when he didnt get dinner, did you give him a nice treat to tide him over?
    Yes, I felt bad so it turn out to be a training session with treats.

Remove Ads