Pet insurance

handsomedan

Apr 2, 2018
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dan and Auggie
I'm trying to decide on which insurance to get and am hoping for some recommendations. Thanks!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I'm trying to decide on which insurance to get and am hoping for some recommendations. Thanks!

I have a credit card just for my 2. Here in Canada the insurances are way too expensive. $250 per month. Knock on wood, both are very healthy n been 2-3 years. So $250 x 36 months is a lot I would of dished out. And that’s for one dog . Why I rather have a credit card just for both. But that’s me.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We do the same, a credit card for pups only.

A few here have insurance... they will be along soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I do have pet insurance through Nationwide (formerly VPI). I have the major medical for Louie and the whole pet with wellness for Jax (French Bulldog). Jax was diagnosed with IVDD in July 2017. He has had 3 MRI's and surgeries since then and ongoing laser therapy and acupuncture. Total cost for all of this has been well over $23,000 and the insurance has covered 90%. So for me, it has been well worth it cause I would be in some serious debt if I only used a credit card to cover these expenses.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I have Trupanion for Harlea and for us they have been great. She developed MRSA as a pup and was back and forth to the vet for months and on meds for even longer. She has since developed allergies to pretty much everything and blew out an ACL all of which was covered 90%.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online