FDA Dod Food Warning

cswope

Nov 16, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Bailey
I am looking for a dog food with no legumes, peas, lentils,and potatoes due to the new warning that these ingredients can cause heart disease, dilated cardiomyopathy. I currently am feeding my bullies Ziganture Catfish, but the third ingredient is peas. Has anyone else switched their dogs food due to these concerns? Most of the food I am finding without these ingredients has poultry. My bullies are allergic to poultry. I am unable to do raw. Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
There are many articles and threads on this subject which basically say there is no need to panic over this. You can probably do a search and find some. However, there is a fish based Earthborn Holistics brand that uses pumpkin and tapioca as their starch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
cswope

cswope

Nov 16, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Bailey
Thank you!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Thank you [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] people always panic right away!

SMammers816

Nov 28, 2014
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner, Cooper
I saw this warning as well as a news segment on the topic and I was wondering if a post would show up here. I feed my boys Grandma Lucy’s where one of the main ingredient it chickpeas. I’m curious to hear from others that are feeding similar food brands such as The Honest Kitchen.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No real issue... all the high quality kibbles add in the taurine but if you want to be overly cautious.. add one can of water/no salt sardines once a week

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hell, can you imagine Italians, Greeks or simply European countries how many would drop dead as we are big legumes, peas, lentils eaters?!?!?? Also, there goes the vegetarians...

Nothing is wrong with legumes for a dog as long it’s not the main ingredient. Acana will give you the percentage of everything what’s in the bag and you can even email them. Like suggested, there’s also fish.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have been seeing this ALL over the internet and FB... Wally is allergic to grains, so what am I supposed to do according to the FDA?!! Lol

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have been seeing this ALL over the internet and FB... Wally is allergic to grains, so what am I supposed to do according to the FDA?!! Lol

NOTHING... if you feed high quality kibble they add the taurine

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

Can’t recall but have you tried Acana or dry raw? I know you travel for work why I suggest dry raw....

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
And in many of these so called studies they recommend Royal Canin and Eukanuba instead. These huge companys have those so called scientists in their pocket and they want their bisnes back. Sorry if I sound paranoid, but that is my opinion.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
And in many of these so called studies they recommend Royal Canin and Eukanuba instead. These huge companys have those so called scientists in their pocket and they want their bisnes back. Sorry if I sound paranoid, but that is my opinion.

EXACTLY!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

NO actually your comment is SPOT ON!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

Oooohhhh these damm “so call”

Hell if you sound paranoid, what do I sound like? Crap I’m worse than you! Lolll

In my next life, I want to be the Supreme Court Judge. I’ll be the bad as* “B” that will send every idiot to jail......Do not pass go type.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online