Tank arrived safely in Cape Town!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Wow what great news!!! What an exciting adventure for the whole family. Get up n gooooooo..... thatā€™s something I do too...life is too short so enjoy bella...have fun n please do stay in touch!!!

OP
Lalaloopsie

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Wow what great news!!! What an exciting adventure for the whole family. Get up n gooooooo..... thatā€™s something I do too...life is too short so enjoy bella...have fun n please do stay in touch!!!
Thank you so much Helene! I will definitely stay an active member of this wonderful forum, as yā€™all guys and your pupsters are my big bullie family, you know...once go bulldog, you never come back:Dand my favourite reading before going to bed is our forum, especially if someone posted some bulldog pictures :rolleyes: I love to see bulldog faces (and butts) before falling asleep:rolleyes:

OP
Lalaloopsie

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank already went for his first walk at the beach!

5B54D79D-B902-4F3F-91A5-8888C451D263.jpeg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Holy Smokes... I just read everything you went thru to get Tank to SA. We flew our cats from US to Germany and back home years ago... it was a mess back in those days. I like the idea of having an agent handle everything for you, I remember dealing w/the German Consulate office in Atlanta and it was a real nightmare!!! Did they fly him in the cargo area, or within the actual plane? I agree that maybe it is easier just to charter your own plane to fly them anywhere anymore.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
My husband says he was all day very nervous after traveling, didnā€™t sleep even one minute during the day ( he arrived in the morning 10 am) and was following hubby everywhere, probably was super scared that he will abandon him again like bad mom did in Atlanta :ashamed: Poor baby. He had a guest today - gentleman who was installing internet brought his Jack Russell terrier with him, so they had some fun together. Then he was shocked with Hadeda screams (it is quite a big bird, very useful for your garden, but it screams like...imagine 25 pigs slaughtered at the same time...this is how Hadeda sounds:w00t:)...a lot of new things to get used to...
Now it is late evening in SA and he crashed in the middle of the floor and snores. Finally tiredness got over him.

How exciting and wonderful for you all!! Except I don't think that I would like that bird LOL !!! I'm really, really happy that Tank is adjusting and sleeping!!! Keep the photos and updates coming!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15780]Lalaloopsie[/MENTION] Thank you so much for so much effort to explain what you had to go though for Tank's trip! I have shipped donkeys to France, several times, and it wasn't that complicated!! They actually built box stalls for them to be on plane.Had to be in quarantine first before they could leave US. Luckily for me, the buyer paid all expenses,except required shots and bloodwork!
You must be exhausted,and can sleep now that Tank is safe in SA with his dad,though I am sure you will miss him! Best Wishes for family,

OP
Lalaloopsie

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Holy Smokes... I just read everything you went thru to get Tank to SA. We flew our cats from US to Germany and back home years ago... it was a mess back in those days. I like the idea of having an agent handle everything for you, I remember dealing w/the German Consulate office in Atlanta and it was a real nightmare!!! Did they fly him in the cargo area, or within the actual plane? I agree that maybe it is easier just to charter your own plane to fly them anywhere anymore.

Poor Tank flew in a cargo. Charter or piloting yourself is the only option to fly bulldogs within US, as no air carrier accepts them onboard (unless Bulldog is a registered service dog).
International charter is not very affordable, at least for me. Flight to Cape Town from Atlanta is 17 hours, with minimal price 1500-2000 per hour...you understand:whistle:

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
[MENTION=15780]Lalaloopsie[/MENTION] I think you've got material here for a children's book about a very special bulldog's adventures around the world. Or perhaps for a handbook for relocating dog owners!

Thanks for telling us about the procedures - this is absolutely fascinating! And hiring an agent sounds like a good decision. Was Tank the only dog onboard or do Lufthansa only accept dogs on special flights so there was a whole group travelling together? And was there someone with him or was he left on his own in the cargo? And my last question (for now!) - was Tank born in China or did he travel there too?

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Iā€™m so happy heā€™s safe and sound. I was just explaining to Irina everything you had to go through to get him to South Africa. Sheā€™s taking her two boys (10 and 7) to Russia for the summer. She said thatā€™s about all she can handle. Little Rambo, age 3.5 months will be staying with Ollie and us. Much love to Tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
PHEW! fantastic news great to hear Tank is safe and sound with his dad and maybe you can stop feeling quite as guilty for shipping him of now :D

Members online

No members online now.