ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh WOW... dang it, I wanted to see you & Tank in PTC at some point!!! I've been SO busy I haven't been visiting my family as much...

Safe travels to you and Tank... of course we wish you ALL the best, and I completely understand about the green card issue.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Sorry, didnā€™t mean to scare you! But this traveling preparation makes me super nervous, especially Tankā€™s travel.
Travel agent confirmed that he arrived safely to Frankfurt, and chilling in a Pet Hotel. He will fly to Cape Town 4pm our time.
Initially the plan was that my husband would build for Chinese investor a state-of-the art tire building factory here in Georgia. But with all the political uncertainty between US and China (tariffs, arrest of Huawei ownerā€™s daughter and so on) our investor decided not to proceed with project. They will look for a new ground in European Union.
For us the question was to stay with employer, or stay in the US. As except for his salary there are shares involved (and we cannot cash them yet as my husband only worked for 2 years for company). So he had to stay with company. As for me and our daughter, we decided that we donā€™t want to stay in the US because our saga with green card seems to be endless, and with visa I cannot work, which is not nice at all. And in the end if the factory is not to be built in the US why would I need a green card? So it doesnā€™t make sense for me to stay in the US either. And Cape Town is my most favourite place on Earth...we will stay there at least for 2 years while my daughter is done with high school and by that time the new place for factory will be ready and we will see - to go and stay in Europe or to stay in South Africa.

Sadly China cause of itā€™s population has control of the market. Canada sent the daughter (who was living here in Vancouver) the owner of Huawei to USA cause of spying (politics) and now Huawei is finding all so of excuses that something is wrong with our pork, we export 40% of our canola to China n now China blocked that. All excuses cause we extradite the daughter to the US.

But Iā€™m sure you n yours will settle in the right place your heart desires. Great opportunity for your daughter to see her plant n being educated. God job momma!!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Great to hear Tank has landed in Frankfurt and has checked in at his pet hotel. Best of luck to all of you for your new destination!

OP
Lalaloopsie

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Sadly China cause of itā€™s population has control of the market. Canada sent the daughter (who was living here in Vancouver) the owner of Huawei to USA cause of spying (politics) and now Huawei is finding all so of excuses that something is wrong with our pork, we export 40% of our canola to China n now China blocked that. All excuses cause we extradite the daughter to the US.

But Iā€™m sure you n yours will settle in the right place your heart desires. Great opportunity for your daughter to see her plant n being educated. God job momma!!

yeah, China is powerful. They also donā€™t forgive easily and never forget. They will try to retaliate. I can only guess how much or our investorā€™s decision was financial risks and how much was politics (being patriotic or may be experiencing pressure from Chinese government not to invest into US?..)

But personally I cannot complain...Cape Town:rolleyes:

OP
Lalaloopsie

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
These are just from yesterday and today...hubby sent me...

D9C798A0-9B82-4167-BA6B-87AF7DBB575C.jpeg

864EDF84-0363-4FCB-861C-C32BB5A340F9.jpeg

B888084A-C5AD-468D-A3FA-98DDA916C64C.jpeg

8517F4A6-8F5A-4EB9-8FA7-5845D45FCA60.jpeg

OP
Lalaloopsie

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Oh WOW... dang it, I wanted to see you & Tank in PTC at some point!!! I've been SO busy I haven't been visiting my family as much...

Safe travels to you and Tank... of course we wish you ALL the best, and I completely understand about the green card issue.

It is so unfortunate, actually our company has a super nice supplier in Nashville and it was our plan to go there previous weekend all together with Tank, stay there overnight, visit some cool music event, etc. And we could meet, I actually wanted to ask your advice where to go. But my mom in law passed last Friday in South Africa and all plans changed, my husband had to rush earlier for funeral, Tank travel moved earlier and I have to finish all things in US myself. Shame...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wishing you all the best ... safe travels and please keep us posted... you are part of the family here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It is so unfortunate, actually our company has a super nice supplier in Nashville and it was our plan to go there previous weekend all together with Tank, stay there overnight, visit some cool music event, etc. And we could meet, I actually wanted to ask your advice where to go. But my mom in law passed last Friday in South Africa and all plans changed, my husband had to rush earlier for funeral, Tank travel moved earlier and I have to finish all things in US myself. Shame...

Oh I'm so sorry for your loss... my sincere condolences to you and the family. I wish you ALL safe travels to South Africa... will you be with Tank on the last leg of the journey?

OP
Lalaloopsie

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Oh I'm so sorry for your loss... my sincere condolences to you and the family. I wish you ALL safe travels to South Africa... will you be with Tank on the last leg of the journey?

Thank you very much! It was actually so sad, she was very sick and quite elderly, so it was expected, but because of all this relocation my husband was traveling back and forth between US and SA, so she passed when he wasnā€™t there. Such a shame she didnā€™t hang on just couple of weeks...
I couldnā€™t go myself to say good bye to her because of all this Tank travel and my daughter is a high schooler, so I had to stay here to finish things.
Me and my daughter will travel to SA only in 3 weeks because she has to have her exams (she is sophomore). So Tank is with his Dad. Dad will cook for him and wipe his butt:unsure:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you very much! It was actually so sad, she was very sick and quite elderly, so it was expected, but because of all this relocation my husband was traveling back and forth between US and SA, so she passed when he wasnā€™t there. Such a shame she didnā€™t hang on just couple of weeks...
I couldnā€™t go myself to say good bye to her because of all this Tank travel and my daughter is a high schooler, so I had to stay here to finish things.
Me and my daughter will travel to SA only in 3 weeks because she has to have her exams (she is sophomore). So Tank is with his Dad. Dad will cook for him and wipe his butt:unsure:

So very sorry for the death of your mother in law.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Lalaloopsie

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
So very sorry for the death of your mother in law.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you very much Christine! She was such a good person, besides from being loving family person, she was a real pioneer woman, taking all life tribulations with decency, patience and faith, did tremendous amount of charity in her church, she was a real Godā€™s person. I know she wasnā€™t scared to meet the Lord.

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

We lost both of my in-laws this year, so I completely understand... life doesn't stop NO matter what is going on in our lives. Hopefully you will get to fly home safely very soon!!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So sorry to hear about your' and your hubby's loss [MENTION=15780]Lalaloopsie[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] Several years ago, I have many losses, and sometimes it feels like you just can't handle another thing!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.