Prayers please!

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Right at this moment Tank is flying to Frankfurt. There he will have a rest, get out of cage, eat, go potty and spend 10 hours in a dog hotel. After that he will fry to Cape Town where my husband will meet him.
It was an awful day today. He felt from the very morning something was wrong. Didnā€™t want to leave me, literally climbed on me, despite he is usually not a very hug-loving bulldog. Poor baby.
Please say a prayer for his safe travel! Thank you all in advance!

C2FEFCBE-1FBC-4992-9D94-5361946971FA.jpeg

OP
Lalaloopsie

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
D4EC4E72-1B1F-4DAA-9C77-9207BB4C02BE.jpeg

Tank being an artist today - look at his creation from his toys. Art object.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Wishing Tank a safe trip. Castor says hi and welcome to Europe on your way to Cape Town.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Iā€™m tearing up.... safe travels sweet boy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Safe travels!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Heā€™ll be fine. Tankā€™s a trooper!! Keep us posted!!

OP
Lalaloopsie

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Heā€™ll be fine. Tankā€™s a trooper!! Keep us posted!!

Sure I will! Youā€™re all my big bulldog family guys!
Tank is a real trooper. You know, lately we had to go for different medical paperwork, tests etc, and everywhere and everybody said what a good, calm and friendly dog he is. For tests vet had to take a lot of blood, it took more than 30 mins and they had to fill 12 vials. They had to poke him several times because blood stopped to run. But he never snapped or anything. He is such a good boy! He is the best dog I ever had.
When people learn that we had to pay 5200 usd for his transportation plus 1600 usd for medical tests (South Africa requires 5 fancy blood tests, and two of them can be done only in Belgium, so blood is sent by Fedex etc) and paperwork endorsement, they think we are crazy. But there is no other dog like Tank!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Would have loved to meet that precious Tank! Sending prayers for him,for a safe and comfortable trip:pray:. YOu will let us know when your hubby has Tank safely in his arms!
Bona Fortuna,Tank!

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
You got this Tank!! Ellie and I send our best, and will stalk here till we see you are safe with Daddy and loving your new adventures

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Tank is a real trooper. You know, lately we had to go for different medical paperwork, tests etc, and everywhere and everybody said what a good, calm and friendly dog he is. For tests vet had to take a lot of blood, it took more than 30 mins and they had to fill 12 vials. They had to poke him several times because blood stopped to run. But he never snapped or anything. He is such a good boy! He is the best dog I ever had.
When people learn that we had to pay 5200 usd for his transportation plus 1600 usd for medical tests (South Africa requires 5 fancy blood tests, and two of them can be done only in Belgium, so blood is sent by Fedex etc) and paperwork endorsement, they think we are crazy. But there is no other dog like Tank!

BTW, you scared the crap out of me with your title...and Iā€™m sure I speak for others...

So youā€™re not returning to US? You going to live permanently SA?

OP
Lalaloopsie

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Sorry, didnā€™t mean to scare you! But this traveling preparation makes me super nervous, especially Tankā€™s travel.
Travel agent confirmed that he arrived safely to Frankfurt, and chilling in a Pet Hotel. He will fly to Cape Town 4pm our time.
Initially the plan was that my husband would build for Chinese investor a state-of-the art tire building factory here in Georgia. But with all the political uncertainty between US and China (tariffs, arrest of Huawei ownerā€™s daughter and so on) our investor decided not to proceed with project. They will look for a new ground in European Union.
For us the question was to stay with employer, or stay in the US. As except for his salary there are shares involved (and we cannot cash them yet as my husband only worked for 2 years for company). So he had to stay with company. As for me and our daughter, we decided that we donā€™t want to stay in the US because our saga with green card seems to be endless, and with visa I cannot work, which is not nice at all. And in the end if the factory is not to be built in the US why would I need a green card? So it doesnā€™t make sense for me to stay in the US either. And Cape Town is my most favourite place on Earth...we will stay there at least for 2 years while my daughter is done with high school and by that time the new place for factory will be ready and we will see - to go and stay in Europe or to stay in South Africa.

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021

Not crazy just a typical bulldog owner :D we would do the same without a thought! but i have to agree with the scarey thread title, i almost didnt click on it thinking Tank was ill!

Wishing you and Tank and the whole family best of luck on your new adventure, im sure Tank will sleep most of the way and be super happy to see his dad at the other end.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.