What is the funniest or best bulldog name you ever heard?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am not saying for your bulldog in particular- but one that was a funny, well thought up name for someone else's dog, or a name you would love to use on your next bully?

The cutest one I heard so far is Cantaloupe. She was quite the rolly- polly. Just a funny funny cute name. Would I ever name any of mine Cantaloupe? I don't know- maybe, but probably not. Maybe a puppy but I am not sure. It would have to be "fitting" for the bulldog.

So what is your favorite funny or cute name for a bully? And NO- You cannot choose a name you have already named your bulldog.... :p

emangan

May 21, 2010
Hi,one of ours was previously named gordito we did change to maximus as more fitting. One my dtr has is annie after orphan annie as she was the only one no one wanted love it they missed out on a diamond. We do have a minibelle i think is cute considering she is not mini in any way.

Sandman1200

May 19, 2010
Out in the Boonies in North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Heffner the "TANK"
OK, so my sister has a bulldog (its a pit bull) and this pit is a beautiful brindled color, nice lines, sweetest dog i ever met, not to Kosher with strangers (Snapped at my Girlfriend one day)....My sister named her dog...PANDORA... because once you opened pandoras box/crate....let all beware! LOL

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
I'm going to break the rules... our boy's name is horse, because he was the biggest of the litter. Horse came into our family when he was 6 months old, knowing his name. So we kept it, then found out I was pregnant! Horse and Braeden are a year and a week apart. So, learning farm animals was fun! Trying to explain to a 2 year old that a horse is a horse, and our dog's name is horse, but he's a dog and a friend. B is 3 now, so he understands that there are horses and our dogs name is horse, and he understands the difference. I just love the look on people's faces when I tell them his name is Horse. Most ask "Horace?". I reply, no, "Horse, like the animal than lives with cows". and usually they say "oh....Horse..." and walk away!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Marshmallow! The puppy was an all white rolly polly thing. I loved the name! I also love the name Mr. President. Cesar Milan named an EB that.

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
My friend named hers "Mr Michaels".. after the name her husband was given when he used to work loss prevention at a dept store! :)

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I love bully names. I've seen Thor, Tanker (my dogs sire), and anything military or related to a video game, my son tried to talk us into naming our bully Halo or Master Chief. We went with Bear because he looked like a polar bear when we would cover his ears. Alas he is registered as Red Bearan, lmao.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I love Mrs. Pigglesworth, thats great! Bulldogs especially white ones remind me of little piglets (including my Samson). Not to toot my own horn but I also think I did a good job on Sam's name. His registered name is "Samson AKA Sammy Two-Tone" because of his face being half brown half white, I thought that was such a good choice LOL.

Speedbeegle

May 26, 2010
Western NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Tobias K. Smith
My first bullies name was Hoover B. Tank. When he was given to me as a Christmas present he went through the house with his nose down snorting and sounded like a Hoover vacuum and the tank part was because he was a tank. So when I got my latest I had to make his name similar with the first name, middle initial and a last name. Tobias K. Smith is named after Toby Keith who used to start his shows with a handsome bully as his partner in crime and the Smith is for Dean Smith the greatest basketball coach ever. My nonEB has the Dean part with his name.

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
My first bullies name was Hoover B. Tank. When he was given to me as a Christmas present he went through the house with his nose down snorting and sounded like a Hoover vacuum and the tank part was because he was a tank. So when I got my latest I had to make his name similar with the first name, middle initial and a last name. Tobias K. Smith is named after Toby Keith who used to start his shows with a handsome bully as his partner in crime and the Smith is for Dean Smith the greatest basketball coach ever. My nonEB has the Dean part with his name.

Ahhhhhh....I was wondering how you got your names! Very cool. I love the "nonEB" classification. :D

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I love bully names. I've seen Thor, Tanker (my dogs sire), and anything military or related to a video game, my son tried to talk us into naming our bully Halo or Master Chief. We went with Bear because he looked like a polar bear when we would cover his ears. Alas he is registered as Red Bearan, lmao.

My step dad is a Marine!
His white male bulldog is named Chesty (after a well documented Marine named Chesty Puller)
and their female is Cadence. Her 1st littler had 2 pups...the male passed away after 36 hours, but was given full military honors. He was given the name Tripoli. I broke that chain by naming the other puppy Orion. But, I did register her with the legal name "Chesty's Girl Orion" which has both of her parents names in it.

ajwhitt44

May 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
BREMBO
I love Mrs. Pigglesworth, thats great! Bulldogs especially white ones remind me of little piglets (including my Samson). Not to toot my own horn but I also think I did a good job on Sam's name. His registered name is "Samson AKA Sammy Two-Tone" because of his face being half brown half white, I thought that was such a good choice LOL.

I WANNA TALK TO SAMSON!!

Aside from my dogs name, I frequently call him MONSTER TRUCK for reasons I'm sure you are all familiar with.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online