E

EduDL91

Mar 7, 2019
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmen
ā€œI really just seems to be inside and obviously when weā€™re not around at work/asleep.ā€

Sheā€™s probably bored.....Dogā€™s do eat poop if theyā€™re bored. You need 2 dogs. :)

Another one??!?!?!?! Lol maybe later lol thatā€™s another thing that might be happening to her she does have around 9 different toys and plays with almost all of them but other than that I wouldnā€™t know what to do you know? I have to sleep and also she does not bark or let us know sheā€™s bored so idk it is driving me crazy she keeps pooping at night even with less food and the schedule change hopefully sheā€™s just taking some time to adapt to the new schedule. Oh sheā€™s been on the new schedule for 3 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Another one??!?!?!?! Lol maybe later lol thatā€™s another thing that might be happening to her she does have around 9 different toys and plays with almost all of them but other than that I wouldnā€™t know what to do you know? I have to sleep and also she does not bark or let us know sheā€™s bored so idk it is driving me crazy she keeps pooping at night even with less food and the schedule change hopefully sheā€™s just taking some time to adapt to the new schedule. Oh sheā€™s been on the new schedule for 3 days. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, when I got Duke he was 3 months old. 2months down the road I still wasnā€™t sleeping cause he was up all day long n night. He was in his kennel at night, pooped n ate his pooped in the kennel like yours. Iā€™m in the food industry n work 7days a week. I do once in a while take a day off but very hard if I donā€™t schedule. So what I decided to do which Iā€™m SO opposed to this, is put Duke with me in bed. I put another blanket on top of the bed for him. That little bastard slept through ALL nights without getting up for potty!!! He would sleep up to my face on MY pillow n snore :( I decided to let him stay with me for a good month or so. His potty training was really good as he would get up same time as me n out he went to do his business. I figured if he wakes up wanting to go potty, I will know immediately when he starts moving in bed n put him out. It really worked out for him! Not as much sleep for me cause of his snoring and me tossing him further down the bed n yes he would come right back up to the pillow. Eventually I threw him out of my bed n put a bed for him on the floor beside my bed. As he got older, his bed was gone in his kennel n to this day he still sleeps in the kennel. He loves his kennel. Try it. You got nothing to lose anyway.

OP
E

EduDL91

Mar 7, 2019
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmen
You know, when I got Duke he was 3 months old. 2months down the road I still wasnā€™t sleeping cause he was up all day long n night. He was in his kennel at night, pooped n ate his pooped in the kennel like yours. Iā€™m in the food industry n work 7days a week. I do once in a while take a day off but very hard if I donā€™t schedule. So what I decided to do which Iā€™m SO opposed to this, is put Duke with me in bed. I put another blanket on top of the bed for him. That little bastard slept through ALL nights without getting up for potty!!! He would sleep up to my face on MY pillow n snore :( I decided to let him stay with me for a good month or so. His potty training was really good as he would get up same time as me n out he went to do his business. I figured if he wakes up wanting to go potty, I will know immediately when he starts moving in bed n put him out. It really worked out for him! Not as much sleep for me cause of his snoring and me tossing him further down the bed n yes he would come right back up to the pillow. Eventually I threw him out of my bed n put a bed for him on the floor beside my bed. As he got older, his bed was gone in his kennel n to this day he still sleeps in the kennel. He loves his kennel. Try it. You got nothing to lose anyway.

Too funny!! Hey I might try that with my Carmen because know that you say so, sheā€™s slept with me on my couch for HOURS I mean 6+ hours and did not get up to poo hehe maybe that will be the solution to my problems. I do want to mention she peed like 3 times in my bed 3 days straight thatā€™s why I started to put her in the pen maybe she wonā€™t now hehe.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Too funny!! Hey I might try that with my Carmen because know that you say so, sheā€™s slept with me on my couch for HOURS I mean 6+ hours and did not get up to poo hehe maybe that will be the solution to my problems. I do want to mention she peed like 3 times in my bed 3 days straight thatā€™s why I started to put her in the pen maybe she wonā€™t now hehe. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In her case water n food should stop at 5... if she slept 6hrs + hey go for it.

OP
E

EduDL91

Mar 7, 2019
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmen
In her case water n food should stop at 5... if she slept 6hrs + hey go for it.

Also I did want to mention that I really do not want to feed her Acana anymore I am really tired of waking up to slushyass stools it is extra annoying cause **** dangles on her and she then smears it all over her pen it happens outside as well I have to get a leaf or something sometimes to just get the piece of turd off. But mainly also the slushyness makes it a nightmare to clean odor and also just cleaning wise itā€™s annoying well because itā€™s not consistent and also everywhere. But I do want to ask if there are any other good puppy brands it kind of bothers me they donā€™t have puppy food itā€™s just the same one and does not make sense for me why. Also well there is 0 consistency at all with her stools again she goes around 2 times maybe 3 during the day of which comes out either slushy or not I literally feed her nothing else but her food not even give her treats for the same reason also for sure again 3 times at night. we have stopped feeding after 5 pm with no avail. A lot of help needed as this is really driving us insane to the point of hating to wake up in the mornings straight up.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Also I did want to mention that I really do not want to feed her Acana anymore I am really tired of waking up to slushyass stools it is extra annoying cause **** dangles on her and she then smears it all over her pen it happens outside as well I have to get a leaf or something sometimes to just get the piece of turd off. But mainly also the slushyness makes it a nightmare to clean odor and also just cleaning wise itā€™s annoying well because itā€™s not consistent and also everywhere. But I do want to ask if there are any other good puppy brands it kind of bothers me they donā€™t have puppy food itā€™s just the same one and does not make sense for me why. Also well there is 0 consistency at all with her stools again she goes around 2 times maybe 3 during the day of which comes out either slushy or not I literally feed her nothing else but her food not even give her treats for the same reason also for sure again 3 times at night. we have stopped feeding after 5 pm with no avail. A lot of help needed as this is really driving us insane to the point of hating to wake up in the mornings straight up.

Did you switch the protein from lamb of Acana ? The high quality foods are all stages of life so you need not worry about if it is for a puppy.. it is for all ages.

Zingnature, Earthborn holistic or Fromm are other good choices

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
If whatever she eats from kibbles to treats comes out slushy as you put it she definitely needs a gut cleaning. Needs good fermented veggies added to her meals. I wouldnā€™t give her anything thatā€™s dairy for now especially if her stools are slushy. Itā€™s like impossible for her stools stays slushy without it being an intestinal problem. Has the vet analyzed the poop?

I personally love puppy orijen. Thatā€™s what I always started my pups with then changed to acana. Orijen is very high in calories but it has everything a puppy needs to start off. Nyala n Duke are feed raw. That would be your best option IMO. Raw they barely poop n drink cause raw full of moisture.

OP
E

EduDL91

Mar 7, 2019
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmen
If whatever she eats from kibbles to treats comes out slushy as you put it she definitely needs a gut cleaning. Needs good fermented veggies added to her meals. I wouldnā€™t give her anything thatā€™s dairy for now especially if her stools are slushy. Itā€™s like impossible for her stools stays slushy without it being an intestinal problem. Has the vet analyzed the poop?

I personally love puppy orijen. Thatā€™s what I always started my pups with then changed to acana. Orijen is very high in calories but it has everything a puppy needs to start off. Nyala n Duke are feed raw. That would be your best option IMO. Raw they barely poop n drink cause raw full of moisture.

Switched out food and gut cleaned, still coming slush and still keeps eating turds I think we might give up on this. It is extremely smelly and itā€™s impossible to make her not go at night.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Slush means food comes out undigested. Some dogs will never be able to digest kibble as it is too rich in nutrients. My Tank never was able to adjust to any kibble. Taking into account her poop-eating problem, try to home cook for her! You spend 1 hour a week, but it could take away a lot of trouble. Just take 1 kg (2,2 pounds) of meat, like beef (if you buy in Sams eye of round for 3,95 usd per pound), 1 cup of rice and 1 pound of pumpkin. Boil it together until cooked (around 30 min). Serve. What is her weight? If you tell me weight, I can approximately tell you how much to feed her.
I beg you, give home cooked food a try, I can feel you on the brink of desperation with this poop issue, and I donā€™t blame you! Itā€™s so gross!

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Some more tips on cooking the food: you need to cut pumpkin in 1#1 inch blocks and put it in the pot first, let it boil for 10 min. After that it is very soft and you crush it in the pot with potato masher and add rice and meat which you also cut in blocks, 0,5#0,5 inch. And add more water so everything is covered with water, because rice will take quite a bit water.
I gave you proportion (1 kg of meat, 1 cup of rice, 1 pound of pumpkin) but usually cook much more, the rest can stay in the fridge for a week, no need to freeze, so I cook only once a week. Itā€™s not too difficult! Instead of fresh pumpkin you can use canned pumpkin purĆ©e (not sweet, not pie filling, just purĆ©e).

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Switched out food and gut cleaned, still coming slush and still keeps eating turds I think we might give up on this. It is extremely smelly and itā€™s impossible to make her not go at night.

Takes time to clean a system but once itā€™s clean you need to continue on daily basis with the dogā€™s regular meal. Like Iā€™ve mentioned has the vet analyzed the poop for parasite? Also you can cook like [MENTION=15780]Lalaloopsie[/MENTION] mentioned or again go raw.

Definitely the dogs needs a fecal sample ā€œbeforeā€ doing anything else.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.