After viewing the film from the Running of the Bulldogs...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I feel awful! Lala lost because of ME! I was way late letting her go. I also had her in a sitting position. My excuse was I was having trouble holding her...she was ready to GO GO GO! I had to hold her harness and put an arm in front of her to keep her from taking off. Lala's vision isn't great and we will dress Sandy in a bright Orange jacket next time, for practice and for racing. We could use a bigger ball too...maybe a beach ball or similar.
Also, it's true that the winner was early out of the gate...but only by a fraction of a second...that dog was quick, easily as quick as Lala.
And...it was certainly a photo finish for 3rd place...Lala would have easily qualified had I been better at my job. I am convinced that the race is a lot like automobile drag racing...a clean race is won at the starting gate. Next year I promise to do better. I'm looking forward to another crack at it.
We all had such a good time despite the terrible weather.

Pre-race stills here...
DSC08784.jpg
DSC08786.JPG
DSC08788.JPG
DSC08789.JPG

Pics of the event can be seen here...I saw at least one Pic of Roger and one of Melissa and Bob(with their bullies)...
https://www.facebook.com/HuntValleyAnimalHospital/

Lala's heat video here...she's 7th from the right and I'm wearing a red hat.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] - Chip, you and Sandy did an AMAZINGLY wonderful job, do not sell yourself short!!

LOVE these pics, can't wait till lunch time, and I can watch the video.

THERE are photos of us and Roger :) I have stolen them already:whistle::whistle:

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Wonderful photos and video!! It looks like it was an awesome time despite the weather.

Louie runs like the wind and can very well be a strong contender in our races. BUT...I don't know how well he will do running "on command" and towards me versus trying to run and play with the other dogs. Any tips?

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
OMG I just LOVE the video, photos, everything!! WOW she is really quick and looked like she had a BLAST!!!! ALL GREAT FUN!!!

Might need to attend next time with my LIGHTENING fast Joey LOL

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
OMG I just LOVE the video, photos, everything!! WOW she is really quick and looked like she had a BLAST!!!! ALL GREAT FUN!!!

Might need to attend next time with my LIGHTENING fast Joey LOL

OMG!! YES!! Do it - I am totally thinking of Entering Ellie - she is a FAST little Girl.

Everyone at Bulldog Day kept asking how old she was, and was surprised when I told them she was 3.5 Yrs Old, most thought she was still a puppy.

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
GO LALA!!! Thanks for all the photos and updates! I gotta try for next year.. this year I had family crap to handle

Love that girl!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Any tips?
does he have a favorite toy? if he does and you have someone to hold him, you can walk away with toy in hand and when you get 100' or so away, release the hound! Be sure to call for him...practice practice!

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
...all in the name of fun...
and fun it was...and one of the best parts about it all is that the sponsor, Hunt Valley Animal Hospital, is donating ALL of the proceeds to the participating rescue groups. That's totally awesome. We had no idea until we were told that by one of the reps.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] Many thanks for posting these photos and the video. It looks like such a wonderful event, and Lala is so quick! Winning or not is not important, I hope (Lala doesn't know, does she:)).
[MENTION=15424]MFrey2012[/MENTION] Is Ellie one of the pups in this race?

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] Many thanks for posting these photos and the video. It looks like such a wonderful event, and Lala is so quick! Winning or not is not important, I hope (Lala doesn't know, does she:)).
[MENTION=15424]MFrey2012[/MENTION] Is Ellie one of the pups in this race?[/QUOTE [MENTION=9875]cefe13[/MENTION] - No Ellie was not a Racer this year, I did have the honor of Meeting our Chip his Sandy, along with Our Roger his wife, and Jewel and Bentley. I am thinking of enrolling Ellie to participate next year, she is a fast little girl, also helps she is a bit petite for her size, and lots of attendees at the Bulldog Day kept asking me if she was puppy[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
@MFrey2012
OK; then we look forward to pics of Ellie racing next year! How small is she? Castor has always been around lbs 42 although he actually weighed in at lbs 47 at the vet's today! He was very proud.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
does he have a favorite toy? if he does and you have someone to hold him, you can walk away with toy in hand and when you get 100' or so away, release the hound! Be sure to call for him...practice practice!

Will definitely get some practice in! Anthony will be releasing him and Iā€™ll be calling him. He does have a snake toy that he loves. Iā€™m afraid heā€™ll think itā€™s playtime with all the bullies. But if he sees them running, that might be enough to get him going. He went to visit the breeder over the weekend and there was a personal running of the bulldogs in her yard. Not one was able to keep up with Louie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.