Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Hi guys,

my internet's been down til now but i wanted you all to know that my baby Tate is in the hospital as of yesterday.

He was electrocuted on Sat while biting on a plugged in cord. It has been quite an ordeal for the little guy. I really thought i lost him and yesterday the vet's prognosis was "guarded to poor" b/c he had fluid in his lungs and was having problems breathing.

i spent time w/him last night and he was sleeping a lot d/t the morphine they gave him, and his breathing was improving thanks to the diuretics he's on.

this a.m. the vet told me his breathing has improved significantly and his chest xray shows improvement as well. Thank God.
He's still not totally out of the woods yet tho and they'll be keeping him in the hospital tonight as well. I spent about an hour w/him today and he was acting much more like himself. He's been on oxygen since he got to the hospital yesterday; was on a nasal cannula but he rip that out at midnight last night so now they have him in an oxygenated little cage.

Please pray for my Tate and his full recovery. And please, please, please don't let this happen to your precious babies. Unplug, block, dismantle those electrical cords! i thought i had puppy proofed my house but obviously not.

I blame myself 100% for what happened...i was with the cable guy who was helping fix my internet service when this all happpened...it just took a few seconds of not paying attention to him, and then i heard the most awful scream and saw Tate laying on his side, panting for air. I lost it myself but made it to the vet's somehow.

I will keep you guys posted as best as i can about his condition. Thank you all for being there for us!

(If i don't post anything else today it'll be b/c my internet svc is on the blink again).

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh POOR Tate!! (and you :hug:) I am so sorry for your accident! Tate will be in my prayers and wishing for a speedy recovery, I am sure it could have been any one of us on here. I am/was guilty of having exposed cords even through his chewing stage, I have heard of this happening but I guess I thought it would never happen. PLEASE keep us posted and let us know as soon as you can!! Finger's crossed and prayers coming yours and Tate's way.

Last edited:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh no, poor thing. Sorry to hear this happened. Please know that everyone here will be thinking of you and Tate!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Prayers are being sent your way. I am sure you were going crazy getting him to the vet's. I am thinking of you and hope he is better real soon.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I am praying for you and Tate. I am so, so sorry to hear this. Please keep us updated as much as you can.

Barkley

Mar 4, 2011
Shoreline, WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley
Oh, I'm so sorry to read this. We are praying for you, Tate, and your vet that everything goes well. Remember, bullies are so strong willed. Don't blame yourself, these things happen. Take good care and keep us posted. Extra bully hugs to you and Tate.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Oh My! So Sorry to see this. Prayers that Tate pulls through this.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
OMG I am soooo very sorry this happened. Please do not blame yourself, accidents do happen and even under the most watchful eye. We will be praying for both you and Tate and hope he gets well soon. :pray:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
So very sorry for this accident! You can't blame yourself..we all do the best we can. Will be keeping you and sweet baby Tate in our hearts.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Thank you, everyone, for your words of encouragement, support and prayers! Means a lot to me and Tate. I am hopeful he will pull through this. This a.m i held him for about an hour and kissed him and told him how much i love him. He kept licking my face and biting my nose! i think he knew his mommy was there with him.

gizmo49ers

Feb 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco, Roxy, Nico, Tank
I am soo sorry for what you are going through. Don't blame yourself, it's not something you did on purpose. I know what it feels like to be in panic mode trying to get to the ER. Bullies are strong willed and I'm sure Lil Tate is giving his all to come home to your beloved arms. Your post may help someone to open their eyes and take precaution. Please keep us posted. Take care of yourself, Tate needs you.
Bridgette and the bullies

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my gosh I am hoping for a full and speedy recovery. This just brings tears to my eyes, I am so sorry! Do NOT blame yourself believe me I have heard of this happening to another bully mama a few years ago, only nobody was home to help and by the time they got home their baby was gone. Be thankful you WERE home and able to save your baby's life. My gosh what a horrible thing to have happen to anyone. I am glad he seems to be on the mend tho, please keep us posted! Let this be a reminder to us all and mostly everyone with pups, any kind of cord is a danger. :hug:

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
OMG, poor Tate and you too!!!! Sending healing thoughts to both of you. Accidents happen and you can't blame yourself, those little bullies will find ways to get into mischief in a blink of an eye. Hugs to you Tate from me, Sebastian and Oliver.:hug:

Erika

Apr 6, 2011
Austin, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess, Boss Lady P, P Dawg
I'm so sorry! I have never heard of that happening. Poor little thing. Do not blame yourself. Just know that we are all thinking of you and Tate. Please keep us updated. That's wonderful that he is getting better day by day!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.