Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Tate is in the hospital

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My Tate is in the hospital

Oh my gosh I am hoping for a full and speedy recovery. This just brings tears to my eyes, I am so sorry! Do NOT blame yourself believe me I have heard of this happening to another bully mama a few years ago, only nobody was home to help and by the time they got home their baby was gone. Be thankful you WERE home and able to save your baby's life. My gosh what a horrible thing to have happen to anyone. I am glad he seems to be on the mend tho, please keep us posted! Let this be a reminder to us all and mostly everyone with pups, any kind of cord is a danger.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
    Likes (Received)

OMG, poor Tate and you too!!!! Sending healing thoughts to both of you. Accidents happen and you can't blame yourself, those little bullies will find ways to get into mischief in a blink of an eye. Hugs to you Tate from me, Sebastian and Oliver.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Princess, Boss Lady P, P Dawg
    Likes (Received)

I'm so sorry! I have never heard of that happening. Poor little thing. Do not blame yourself. Just know that we are all thinking of you and Tate. Please keep us updated. That's wonderful that he is getting better day by day!!!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Oh my .... that is just awful!!! I am so sorry that you have been through this, and I just want to repeat what everybody else has said, that it's not something you can blame yourself for. I'm guessing we are all guilty of leaving electrical cords open for a puppy to chew on!! I'm just glad that it sounds as if he is getting so much better already!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Lots of prayers for Tate. Please keep us updated. Keep your chin up--accidents happen.

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kairos
    Likes (Received)

poor Tate!!!!!! Im so sorryyyyy that happened. I hope he keeps recovering FAST!!!!!! I will be praying for your Tate

Doggie Boutique Owner Angelgirl's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
    Likes (Received)

Prayers for little Tate! Please don't blame yourself! It could happen to any one of us! Belly constantly has things in her mouth. We actually had her x rayed just to make sure we didn't miss her having something and she swallowed it. It is impossible to totally puppy proof your house. They find EVERYTHING! I'm sure it is a lesson learned for all of us to be more watchful of those curious bullies! Thinking of you and the little guy!
    "A bulldog is like a potato chip, you can never have just one"

Dog Park Attendant cadillactaste's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

I am just glad to read that he's showing signs of improvement. And said a prayer for the lil' fella myself. I'm just glad that you were home and seen and heard him. And that you were able to get him so quickly to a medical facility that could treat him. I would image that in itself has helped his progress so far. Keep us posted...and as the other said...Accidents happen...they are unintentional...and never planned. You can not blame yourself for this...just focus on his getting better. And...that possibly this may also alert others to possibly recheck their puppy proof homes...

(((HUGS)))
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

Bulldogs: Tank and Sarge

Australian Shepherd: Ahsoka ~ Sarge's sister from another mother...and father

The rest of my zoo:
    1 Pastel Ball Python - No Feet
    2 chinchillas - Nibbles and Fluffy
    2 Ornate Wood turtles- Franklin and Turkish

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about Tate, poor guy. Hang in there and my thoughts are with you both!

Bulldog Spoiler Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tamara
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
    Likes (Received)

Oh my!! I am sorry to hear about Tate. We are sending prayers your way!!! Hoping for a fast recovery.

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Poor Mr. Tate! You can never be too careful. The littlest things happen and you wouldn't ever think it was possible. Vegas R was playing downstairs and ended up putting his head thru the glass on our entertainment center. He just was too close and he turned really fast when he was playing with his sister. He also got into the pantry and (even tho I had a baby gate on the inside of the door) managed to get into and eat some corn meal...then got sick. (he probably thought it was shake 'n bake...which he loves. YouTube - Vegas and the shake 'n bake.) He also got into the lazy susan. You actually have to push it in and turn it...but he did it. He proceeded to bring out about 10 different spices..and got sick. YouTube - Don't ever teach your dog how to open and close doors...

My point in letting you view some of my bad bully-parent moments is this... nobody can protect their babies 100% of the time. But what you did do...and what you are doing is more important. You took care of what needed to be taken care of and you got Mr. Tate the help that was needed. Because of you..he's still here with us. You love him and that is apparent. You would do anything for him...and that is evident.
    So don't beat yourself up too badly.
    And thanks for sharing your story.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hi, and thanks again for all the words of encouragement and support. I really appreciate it so much.

I just came back from the hospital and Tate is doing better! The Vet said his lungs look clearer, and he's definitely breathing normally now, and not on extra oxygen anymore. While i was there he ate some food and licked the bowl clean(!), and i got to hold him and give him as many kisses as i could!!
    He in turn kept licking my face and boy, did that feel so wonderful! i'm SO THANKFUL for his improvement, SO THANKFUL for friends like you on this board, and for the Vets and Vet techs who are helping to care for my baby while he's in the hospital.

The doc said i should come tomorrow in the morning to pick him up (given everything goes well thru the night), and will take him to the regular vet's office for a check up, and possibly have him stay the day there...not sure yet.

I know this was an accident and I know i should not beat myself up for it. I am thankful that i was home when this happened and that the vet's office was only 10 min away (tho it felt like hours away as i was driving Tate there yesterday). This whole ordeal has made me realize how fragile life is and how precious Tate is to me. When i held him this evening and he was licking my face, my heart was bursting with joy. Just 24hrs ago i wasn't sure if he was going to make it. So, every day with him, every moment really, is something i will not take for granted again.

Thank you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads