Terrified of leash

EduDL91

Mar 7, 2019
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmen
Hello, recently I’ve been having this issue whit my Carmen she is a 19 week old and recently has started to be afraid of walking on the leash. It all starts out great but 5 min in she gets scared and even scared of anyone who comes near. I’ve tried to encourage her bu giving her treats but she won’t take them even if I shove them into her mouth she won’t eat them. I play with her give her treats and won’t even come close to me or whoever’s walking her we have to literally drag her back home. It’s been really annoying lately as we give her treats play with her and won’t even move or look at us and don’t know how to make her walk if she won’t even do that with treats. Any suggestions would help tremendously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OptimisticBully

Sep 3, 2018
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Kobieski ( Scott)
I won’t say much, the experts will help!

Don’t show her your anxiety, the dog picks on it!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Do you have her on a harness? Maybe take her for short "walks" in your yard, and see her reactions.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello, recently I’ve been having this issue whit my Carmen she is a 19 week old and recently has started to be afraid of walking on the leash. It all starts out great but 5 min in she gets scared and even scared of anyone who comes near. I’ve tried to encourage her bu giving her treats but she won’t take them even if I shove them into her mouth she won’t eat them. I play with her give her treats and won’t even come close to me or whoever’s walking her we have to literally drag her back home. It’s been really annoying lately as we give her treats play with her and won’t even move or look at us and don’t know how to make her walk if she won’t even do that with treats. Any suggestions would help tremendously.

I always started in the yard where they feels safe. Leave the leash hanging on their collars or/and harness so they walk around with the leash. Also in the house, put the harness on, walk around with her, stop, give her a little treat n repeat.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

If she is fully vaccinated... get her in a training class, she seems to need the interactions and be able to have more social time.

Also as other suggested, use leash in home and walks in yard , places she is comfortable.

How many siblings did she have?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.