Ollie’s Weight Chart

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
I’m really glad I have kept this chart. I’m pretty sure he’s max’d out on weight for a while. On Monday the vet declared his weight “perfect.” She oNce again said, “it’s hard to believe he’s a free feed bully. It works for him.”
2cad61feb5656e97b024c19180d1bffc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I know how to throw a wrench into the free-feed method. Fill that bowl with thinly-sliced Chateaubriand. Best served at 98° F.

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
I know how to throw a wrench into the free-feed method. Fill that bowl with thinly-sliced Chateaubriand. Best served at 98° F.
The Chateaubriand would be for me served with just a hint of horseradish on it.

Except for the Brie with pills [emoji381] and for training Ollie never has anything, but dry kibble( Zignature, any of the fish flavors). I’ve really been wanting to give him some sardines or kippers for a treat, but am afraid to mess with the free feed concept.

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
How do you free feed?!? We always have free fed my Shih tzus but now with the puppy we can’t! How old was he when you started and how did you do it?! Lol sorry for all questions!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great work!!!

My sister free feeds her GSDs , but all my bulldogs have been vacuums and would not have been possible.

On raw now do free feed isn’t an option

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
I free feed both Punk and Missy. Neither one will eat unless I am there, and if I leave the room, they will stop eating and follow me where ever I go.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I free feed both Punk and Missy. Neither one will eat unless I am there, and if I leave the room, they will stop eating and follow me where ever I go.

LOL... shadows!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=4335]EmmittPylate[/MENTION]

Free feeding is basically when they start as pups. Nyala was free fed. Then my vacuum Duke came along. Then both on raw now so no free feeding there.

Funny though, my son’s 2 pit bulls are also vacuums and yet not his GS. The GS will eat throughout the day n the pitties won’t even touch the GS food as they know they aren’t allowed.

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
How do you free feed?!? We always have free fed my Shih tzus but now with the puppy we can’t! How old was he when you started and how did you do it?! Lol sorry for all questions!!

Ollie was 4 mos old when we got him. We already had 2 other dogs, chihuahua and a Havanese. Three dogs, three bowls. Two smaller bowls, 1 large bowl. The two older dogs trained Ollie when to eat. They ate first and chAsed him off if he came near When they were finished, he was allowed to come over to eat. He has never really eaten much out of the big bowl instead he eats out of the Beatrix Potter Bunnykins bowl which wAs my 18 year old grandsons when he was a toddler. The Havanese eats out of the big bowl. The dogs generally eat while we eat dinner. Ollie and chihuahua clean their bowls. Big bowl has lots left. In the morning each of them nibbles a little from big bowl. We fill all 3 bowls every morning. They don’t eat during the day even though they could. They wait for dinner time. Weird, yes?

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
[MENTION=4335]EmmittPylate[/MENTION]

Free feeding is basically when they start as pups. Nyala was free fed. Then my vacuum Duke came along. Then both on raw now so no free feeding there.

Funny though, my son’s 2 pit bulls are also vacuums and yet not his GS. The GS will eat throughout the day n the pitties won’t even touch the GS food as they know they aren’t allowed.

Yea I free feed my shih tzus but my first bulldog was a vacuum too lol! I want my new EB to free feed so it will be easier for all of them!

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Ollie was 4 mos old when we got him. We already had 2 other dogs, chihuahua and a Havanese. Three dogs, three bowls. Two smaller bowls, 1 large bowl. The two older dogs trained Ollie when to eat. They ate first and chAsed him off if he came near When they were finished, he was allowed to come over to eat. He has never really eaten much out of the big bowl instead he eats out of the Beatrix Potter Bunnykins bowl which wAs my 18 year old grandsons when he was a toddler. The Havanese eats out of the big bowl. The dogs generally eat while we eat dinner. Ollie and chihuahua clean their bowls. Big bowl has lots left. In the morning each of them nibbles a little from big bowl. We fill all 3 bowls every morning. They don’t eat during the day even though they could. They wait for dinner time. Weird, yes?

Yea my shih tzus didn’t eat during the day either but now I leave their food out during the day while dozer is in his kennel. So they eat during the day now. I will have to try one weekend to leave the food down and just see how he does. Haha they won’t chase Dozer off he just pushes them aside. Thank you!

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Yea my shih tzus didn’t eat during the day either but now I leave their food out during the day while dozer is in his kennel. So they eat during the day now. I will have to try one weekend to leave the food down and just see how he does. Haha they won’t chase Dozer off he just pushes them aside. Thank you!

Ollie is totally under the control of the two little guys. If a treat is given they get theirs in the kitchen while Ollie has to wait in great room to be given and eat his in there.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Basically it’s simply training. My son feeds kibbles to his 3 n when one is finished immediately he sends that one out of the kitchen then so on. He has an open concept as kitchen, dining room n living room so he always kept an eye out while his GS was eating so the other 2 didn’t go near GS. GS bowls always has kibbles for a good 5 hrs from morning. Eventually they learned “we can’t touch” GS bowl. I did that with Duke when eating raw. Nyala is slower in eating n he’ll just roam around her till she’s done. Then go look for crumbs lol. Just stand there and if he goes near the bowls, just say a firm no n pull him back. Walk around him. He’ll get it sooner than you think.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.