Any idea what this is?

Corea99

Aug 26, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Finley
Y'all I found this today. Finley allowed me to handle his paw but not touch the bump/lump. It is bulbous, no drainage, no odor, and no gait change.
What do I do? Vet?

IMG_0002.jpegIMG_0003.jpeg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It is an interdigital cysts... Epsom salts soaks. They are caused by allergies. Some say to pop them, but I prefer not to and let the soaks clear it up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Yup. Cyst. Warm soaks with Epsom salt or disinfect and use sterile needle to poke. Pus will come out. But it is very sore. Itā€™s like pimple.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Yup Indigital Cyst as duke gets them. They are finally gone. Great advice above. He did get one recently n I tried something else I had hanging around which was Bag Balm. Hey it worked. I did pierce it first n apply the BB.

OP
Corea99

Corea99

Aug 26, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Finley
Thanks to all. Beginning the soak now. Fingers crossed that I can keep him in the tub 10 minutes. :pray2::pray::rolleyes:

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks to all. Beginning the soak now. Fingers crossed that I can keep him in the tub 10 minutes. :pray2::pray::rolleyes:

This may or may not work, just stick that one paw in a bowl while you are cuddling him!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
This may or may not work, just stick that one paw in a bowl while you are cuddling him!
If I did that with one of my girls, I'd be the one getting soaked!:ohmy:
It doesn't help that they could care less about being cuddled for more than 15 seconds...that may just be a female bulldog thing.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
It doesn't help that they could care less about being cuddled for more than 15 seconds...that may just be a female bulldog thing.

Louie only cuddles if he's tired.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names

I think I have the cuddliest bulldog ever. He demands cuddles, quite vocally, and has as long as he has been with us. No pat on the head will do, it's arms wrapped completely around him and he leans into you. He has calmed down a bit too with his Sundowners I am pleased to say, although he did have a bad evening yesterday. He just couldn't settle and paced and paced until time for bed, then he finally went to sleep. Poor sweet boy.

OP
Corea99

Corea99

Aug 26, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Finley
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=15780]Lalaloopsie[/MENTION] [MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION]
An update, The Epsom salt was indeed a struggle. After a few days of not seeing a change I took Finley to the vet, who diagnosed an infection. I figured as much as he had the infection odor. Finley is doing much better, the odor is gone and his isnā€™t licking his paws as much. BTW, like a few you of you mentioned, Finley canā€™t stand being cuddled or picked up. He will nestle as close as possible but no laying on me. Lol ��

2Q - 1) When Finley isnā€™t at daycare he hardly eats. Whatā€™s up with that? We can go for long walks, play, etc but he rarely eats his breakfast and only grazes dinner. It is the same food. I get that he needs to recover from a long day of daycare play, but 2-3 days later shouldnā€™t he be eating? Is he sad and depressed that my household is quiet?
2) Finley is in love with Aquaqfor. Sometimes Iā€™ll rub on his paws or my skin. I have to keep the jar out of reach or he will devour it.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=15780]Lalaloopsie[/MENTION] [MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION]
An update, The Epsom salt was indeed a struggle. After a few days of not seeing a change I took Finley to the vet, who diagnosed an infection. I figured as much as he had the infection odor. Finley is doing much better, the odor is gone and his isnā€™t licking his paws as much. BTW, like a few you of you mentioned, Finley canā€™t stand being cuddled or picked up. He will nestle as close as possible but no laying on me. Lol ��

2Q - 1) When Finley isnā€™t at daycare he hardly eats. Whatā€™s up with that? We can go for long walks, play, etc but he rarely eats his breakfast and only grazes dinner. It is the same food. I get that he needs to recover from a long day of daycare play, but 2-3 days later shouldnā€™t he be eating? Is he sad and depressed that my household is quiet?
2) Finley is in love with Aquaqfor. Sometimes Iā€™ll rub on his paws or my skin. I have to keep the jar out of reach or he will devour it.

Daycare... my two when they went to daycare would also skip meals because they just wanted to sleep. How old is he again? And what /how much do you feed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Iā€™ve heard a lot pet owners day cares their dogs goes in corners n donā€™t move till owners picks them up. Human kiddies do that too. Iā€™d day care new? Whatā€™s the brand of food, yes how old.....

OP
Corea99

Corea99

Aug 26, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Finley
Daycare... my two when they went to daycare would also skip meals because they just wanted to sleep. How old is he again? And what /how much do you feed

Finley is 1 year 2 months He gets about 3-1/2 cups per day & is the fittest little bully there ever was.

New question (always have questions) - any tricks to get him to take his meds? Food, peanut butter, nor pill pockets work. Having to force it; which is leaving me feeling poorly.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Finley is 1 year 2 months He gets about 3-1/2 cups per day & is the fittest little bully there ever was.

New question (always have questions) - any tricks to get him to take his meds? Food, peanut butter, nor pill pockets work. Having to force it; which is leaving me feeling poorly.

That is a lot of food... try cutting back to 2 cups a day. What food do you feed?

Pills... watermelon or vanilla ice cream (just a small amount). are my go to,

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.