Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I just filled out an application to adopt Samson:

Samson.jpg

4-year-old Samson is a sweet, velcro dog who just wants to be with his humans. He loves car rides. He's an active guy who loves to play soccer, aka: keep a way! Samson does well with most dogs, especially with dogs smaller than him and with proper introductions. He really enjoys the company of his foster fur-sisters. Samson does have allergies and his foster mom has worked very hard to find a diet that works to keep the allergies under control. His new family will need to be willing to maintain a similar healthy diet for him, and accept the expense that comes with that (about $150 per month). He will also need a life time of good ear care, as he seems prone to chronic ear infections, but they are manageable if you stay on top of it.

While of course I am the perfect household to give Samson a forever home, I definitely am not expecting to get him. I know how hard it can be to get a bulldog from a rescue. But let's see what happens!
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]...aren't you supposed to stop me from actively trying to get a third dog?

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Oh wow!! How exciting!!
He looks adorable and I love his black eye too!!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh wow!! How exciting!!
He looks adorable and I love his black eye too!!

I am definitely not getting my hopes up!

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
I just filled out an application to adopt Samson:

View attachment 116049

4-year-old Samson is a sweet, velcro dog who just wants to be with his humans. He loves car rides. He's an active guy who loves to play soccer, aka: keep a way! Samson does well with most dogs, especially with dogs smaller than him and with proper introductions. He really enjoys the company of his foster fur-sisters. Samson does have allergies and his foster mom has worked very hard to find a diet that works to keep the allergies under control. His new family will need to be willing to maintain a similar healthy diet for him, and accept the expense that comes with that (about $150 per month). He will also need a life time of good ear care, as he seems prone to chronic ear infections, but they are manageable if you stay on top of it.

While of course I am the perfect household to give Samson a forever home, I definitely am not expecting to get him. I know how hard it can be to get a bulldog from a rescue. But let's see what happens!
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]...aren't you supposed to stop me from actively trying to get a third dog?

Wishing you luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] OMG OMG OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting!!!!! I already LOVE LOVE LOVE Samson!!!! When will you know??

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] OMG OMG OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting!!!!! I already LOVE LOVE LOVE Samson!!!! When will you know??

I honestly have no idea! They posted this morning on Facebook that he was now available for adoption and I immediately filled out an application online. I know they will get SO MANY applications for him. I'll just sit tight and if it's meant to be, it will be.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I honestly have no idea! They posted this morning on Facebook that he was now available for adoption and I immediately filled out an application online. I know they will get SO MANY applications for him. I'll just sit tight and if it's meant to be, it will be.

Well we'll just sit tight right along with you :) Fingers crossed!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I hope everything goes well. TYVM for giving Rescue a try.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OH MY GOODNESS.... what a handsome bulldog! He will hit the Mommy jackpot if they select you for his new family!,

Fingers, paws, toes and eyes are crossed for you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I am definitely not getting my hopes up!

C1C0F067-3E7E-4084-B361-D2F7FC1C010E.png

NO NO NO NO NO!!!

I was working out from home today. I can’t leave you for ONE MINUTE EH????

I was reading good with smaller dogs but what about Louie?

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
View attachment 116078

NO NO NO NO NO!!!

I was working out from home today. I can’t leave you for ONE MINUTE EH????

I was reading good with smaller dogs but what about Louie?

I definitely cannot be left alone!

Yup, that can definitely be an issue. If I did get chosen, you meet at a neutral location first and I would bring both Jax and Louie. They know I have an EB and an FB so that might disqualify me right away because Louie is not “small.” But figures it couldn’t hurt to do an application.

And if all else fails...I can get a puppy!! This means...don’t leave me alone again!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I definitely cannot be left alone!

Yup, that can definitely be an issue. If I did get chosen, you meet at a neutral location first and I would bring both Jax and Louie. They know I have an EB and an FB so that might disqualify me right away because Louie is not “small.” But figures it couldn’t hurt to do an application.

And if all else fails...I can get a puppy!! This means...don’t leave me alone again!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

:ROFL::ROFL: You are not ALONE! That's what happens to me! Need to form a meeting, similar to AA. DA(dogs anonymous) Call each other:help:when you want another!! Either that or just drink :cheers:together!!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
:ROFL::ROFL: You are not ALONE! That's what happens to me! Need to form a meeting, similar to AA. DA(dogs anonymous) Call each other:help:when you want another!! Either that or just drink :cheers:together!!

YAAASSSS!!! I just know that once Louie's breeder has a litter or two (most likely this year), I really don't know if I have the willpower to not get one! Anthony isn't too keen on the idea of a puppy but he was not opposed to applying for Samson.

I never even gave a third dog a thought until Sara was at my house for a week!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
You should try 4...or 5...or perhaps 11
It's controlled chaos...
"controlled" because it has to be.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online