A close friend has a Bulldog that is uber cute and super sweet but...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
when it comes to smarts, he's definitely got a few kinks in his slinky.
Last Friday AM he starts showing signs of lethargy...slow-rolling it through breakfast. He eventually eats it all but there wasn't that usual rush. A few hours later he pukes a good amount of it up...followed by labored breathing.
FF to Saturday. He went from his regular Vet to the Emergency Vet and had surgery to remove a blockage.
Thankfully, he comes home today and all is well, having had 5 rocks removed from his stomach. He's also on a course of antibiotics to get ahead of aspiration pneumonia.
Ozzie rocks (2).jpg
I told you he wasn't the sharpest bulb in the closet. Bill estimate $3.5-5000.
I guess the pond and respective pond rocks are now off limits.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
OMG !!!! Thank God he's OK.....What a nightmare but your "few kinks in his slinky" line made me laugh!!! Never heard that one :) My favorite is "he's a couple sandwiches short of a picnic" LOL

Again, so happy he is OK now!!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Ugh...glad to hear he will be fine. Louie eats the bark chips in the backyard which we are in the process of removing. There are also river rocks all over and thank god he doesn't eat those!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I had a German Shepherd who used to "wolf" down rocks, but she had a brain tumor, and did really odd things! It was hard to keep up with her, especially since I have a gravel driveway!! Glad to hear that the "rock star" has pulled through! It's the poor "daddy" who is in shock! $$$ It's those cute faces..........

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Yikes!!
When Bella was young she ate a smooth decorative rock that I had in a candle holder. We didn’t know of course until it popped it when she pooped one day and we heard it hit the floor. It was at the vets office as a matter of fact! Luckily it was only one and that she was able to pass it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Omg, little nonsense! Luckily surgery was in time to save him! But...may be people who rank EB out of all 82 existing dog breeds at the 81 place in smartness are not so wrong...

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Just for the record. These are the stones removed. The look a lot bigger than in the X-ray. Lucky boy is doing Okay.

ABAFB465-FA56-4CBF-9CBB-C0E70AEE284A.jpeg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just for the record. These are the stones removed. The look a lot bigger than in the X-ray. Lucky boy is doing Okay.

View attachment 115939

HOLY COW!! Thank goodness he is ok and all was found!!!

We went through this with Banks once, but it was just one of those size rocks!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Glad all is well. That’s like a Duke’s style. Why I have eyes of a hawk on him 24/7.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Whew! Glad that he is doing well. Colored rocks...he definitely is a real "interior decorator". They will be watching him like hawks! [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] Wish them well!

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Where is the picture of a lucky survivor?! Hope Mm and Dad didn’t kill him after getting a bill from surgeon?...

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Total Bill was actually less than predicted and included 2 night's stay at Emergency Hospital...$3200.00. He started drinking water yesterday afternoon and is well on his way to a full recovery
:whew:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Total Bill was actually less than predicted and included 2 night's stay at Emergency Hospital...$3200.00. He started drinking water yesterday afternoon and is well on his way to a full recovery

WHEW... is right

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)

Pretty expensive stones. Glad to hear he's doing well and hope they have insurance.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Most times the pets recover pretty quickly-if all went well. It's the parents that take awhile!! :whew:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.