thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Hi all,
I hope you and your baby bullies are doing fabulous today!

I am looking for your feedback on the best seat belt attachment and or harnesses. There are alot of options out there and i want to ensure I get what is safest and most comfortable for my kids.
I will be looking for one for my bully, Stella, who is 40lbs and one for Zeplin, my beagle basset, who is 75lbs and has a large fatty tumor on his left side..

I am sure I will have to get two different kinds due to their shape and size differences. Just looking for advice on what ones seem to fit the bully best? And is SAFE.
Also if you have bigger dogs that might require a different type please share :)

I look forward to hearing from you!
20181023_101252.jpg

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I have a standard size SUV so Louie normally rides in a crate in the back. I do have a clip in seat belt attachment but one time it came out of the seat belt so I never used that again so it is probably not the best quality one.

OP
thett

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Thanks Citty. I would love to have them in crates as i think that would be safest, but my car won't fit 2 crates.
I have read some stories about those clip in ones coming undone and that is what I am afraid of.
I guess i am hoping someone on the forum has had a positive experience with them and if so, what kind.

I see that there are some specific harness /straps and some that are just straps that clip onto a regular harness and the other end into the seatbelt..
i would almost rather something that hooks to the thing behind the seat like they do for child car seats.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks Citty. I would love to have them in crates as i think that would be safest, but my car won't fit 2 crates.
I have read some stories about those clip in ones coming undone and that is what I am afraid of.
I guess i am hoping someone on the forum has had a positive experience with them and if so, what kind.

I see that there are some specific harness /straps and some that are just straps that clip onto a regular harness and the other end into the seatbelt..
i would almost rather something that hooks to the thing behind the seat like they do for child car seats.

I would definitely be curious to see if anyone has anything good to recommend as that would be much easier for me to use on short trips.

Marlana

Mar 2, 2019
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
The seat belt ones freak me out too. I got this one, but I’ve only used it three times now so can’t really recommend yet. It hooks into the car seat latch bars that are inside the seats. I’ve never had a car seat come loose so figured it was safer.

8AE7C8BF-DDFD-4305-86BC-5E7897C83FAB.png

Edited to say I use with Ruffwear front range harness.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
This is what I use for my dogs. They wear harnesses, so these clip to the metal loops-seatbeltdogs.jpgand into the seat belt connecter.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Mine is similar to this and it came undone one time.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine too... seems Zeplin don’t need one if Stella lays on top like the photo lol

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mine too... seems Zeplin don’t need one if Stella lays on top like the photo lol

If I remember correctly, we got ours from the same place. Ordered from some stupid company that took forever to arrive. Maybe there are better quality than the ones we got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
thett

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Haha Helene... that was very short lived... but long enough to get a photo.. Although, they love to lay down on car rides so here is another on our last trip up north.
sleepers.png

OP
thett

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Thanks Marlana, I think i will give this one a try. It's on amazon so it will come fast. We will see how it goes! The ones that hook into the seat belt scare me because i have heard others say they can come unlached.

Edit: Marlana, it looks pretty short.. Does it lengthen enough that they would be able to comfortably lay down?

OP
thett

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Thanks everyone for your advise.. i really appreciate it. We will see how this one goes.. :thanks:

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Thanks Marlana, I think i will give this one a try. It's on amazon so it will come fast. We will see how it goes! The ones that hook into the seat belt scare me because i have heard others say they can come unlached.

Edit: Marlana, it looks pretty short.. Does it lengthen enough that they would be able to comfortably lay down?

Good luck! Jumping in here to say that Castor too managed to unbuckle himself (so he rides in a cage nowadays). In our case, the problem was not the product but that Castor managed to step on the red button in the car seat belt latch. A product that is attached inside the seat sounds good!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I can't help with your seat belt question , but Stella sure is a cute little girl. That white face of hers is sweet as can be.

OP
thett

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Thank you!!! We sure think so!! PS... I Love that face your baby is making in your profile. It is so great! Makes me giggle every time i see it :sneaky2:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Caster you little stinker!!! But oh soooo cute!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online