Puppy Chewing on Hands

bscarpenter

Mar 2, 2011
Hey everyone, meet Taco. Taco is a four month old female new to my family. She is teething like mad. We have tons of chew toys, but when holding her, she only wants to chew on our hands and fingers. We are trying to redirect that behavior by giving her a toy, but maybe some correction is in order. We say "No" in a stern voice before offering her a chew toy. What else can we do to help this situation. Otherwise, all is well and we're loving our new puppy. Thanks in advance for any advice.
IMG_0191.jpg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hey everyone, meet Taco. Taco is a four month old female new to my family. She is teething like mad. We have tons of chew toys, but when holding her, she only wants to chew on our hands and fingers. We are trying to redirect that behavior by giving her a toy, but maybe some correction is in order. We say "No" in a stern voice before offering her a chew toy. What else can we do to help this situation. Otherwise, all is well and we're loving our new puppy. Thanks in advance for any advice.
View attachment 115730

WELCOME!!! Get frozen raw marrow bones cutto her size so about 3-4” long. Feed from frozen. It will save your furniture n especially hands.. works all the time!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN.... what an adorable baby!

I used the Nylabone keys and would place in freezer for a while to get them nice and cold... worked well. Also continue to redirect as you are with an ouch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
oh boy Taco is just beautiful :havemyheart:

I would love to give you advice but my girl is 11 months, done teething and her favorite pass time is chewing on my hands... LOL.. and i let her because its so darn cute! I did have to teach her the difference between love bites and real bites. She only does the real when she is in full on "crazy mode".. i am sure you will experience those too very soon! Also known as the zoomies :jumping:

Take the others advice and enjoy every moment with your new angel! and keep pics coming!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Taco sure is a cutie! As for biting-I have never let any of my pups bite me. They need to learn early that you do not bite your "mother" or "Dad". It is normal for pups to bite, as they would each other. When they would start biting me, I would always have a toy(usually a nylabone) handy, and say "here, no bite your ma, bite this!" and stick the nyla in their mouth. This is repeated many times but that is how they learn. It always helps when you have more than one;)the they play with and bite each other! Having many non-dangerous toys around for them to chose help also. Have fun and enjoy your pup, but teach him along the way!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.