Flotation device looks interesting.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
That’s much smarter that the vest. I bookedmarked it. In a couple yrs moving along a lake so my 2 will need them collar vest. Reminds me of our first human vest/collars.....Thanks for sharing!!!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
https://www.hedzuppets.com/

I like the way the dogs chins are held up.

WOW I love this!!! QUESTION.....Do you think for a dog of Joey's weight, 65lbs, the collar would put stress/pressure on the front of her neck? Wind pipe? She NEVER would have it on without supervision and would only be for short periods.

Thoughts please? THANKS so much for posting this!!

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
WOW I love this!!! QUESTION.....Do you think for a dog of Joey's weight, 65lbs, the collar would put stress/pressure on the front of her neck? Wind pipe? She NEVER would have it on without supervision and would only be for short periods.

Thoughts please? THANKS so much for posting this!!

I wondered about that as Monty is a svelte 67 lbs! I would contact the website. They show bulldogs in the video but of course, we don't know how much they weigh. I don't think I am going to get one as Monty is 8.5 years old. He is always supervised outside as we have a pool but at his age, I think I will give it a miss. A younger dog, I would certainly look into it.

Let us know if you find out anything.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Looks like a good idea, but I would still like a lifejacket with the head support-IF we had a place to swim! Wish we did.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I wondered about that as Monty is a svelte 67 lbs! I would contact the website. They show bulldogs in the video but of course, we don't know how much they weigh. I don't think I am going to get one as Monty is 8.5 years old. He is always supervised outside as we have a pool but at his age, I think I will give it a miss. A younger dog, I would certainly look into it.

Let us know if you find out anything.

Good input, thank you! Joey loves the water and has a life jacket that has a flotation cushion to rest her chin on but really she usually just sits on the steps and cools off in the water. NEVER without supervision....EVER.....so, I think I will take your stand and stick to the jacket that she has, I'm just not comfortable with the pressure her "weight" might put on the front of her neck.

She has loved the water all of her life but as she's aged she more the "I will just sit and cool off" even has her own pool HAHAHAHA

03.jpgPhoto 3.jpgIMG_4164.JPG

I guess will stick with what we know...and love :) God Bless Monty!!! 8.5 years old!! Maybe a Jacuzzi tub is in order

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I don’t see why it wouldn’t hold a 67lb EB when it holds GS or Dobermans. Collars are by weight of dogs. I definitely wouldn’t leave my 2 swim on their own till I know any vest or collar works for them. I’ve tried all sorts of vest for Nyala. Imo, non really kept her head properly out of water unless she put some effort doing so. I recall when I was a kid we had something like the collar but tied in the front. Wasn’t too comfortable either but it sure held up some big uncles I’ve seen out of the water.

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Good input, thank you! Joey loves the water and has a life jacket that has a flotation cushion to rest her chin on but really she usually just sits on the steps and cools off in the water. NEVER without supervision....EVER.....so, I think I will take your stand and stick to the jacket that she has, I'm just not comfortable with the pressure her "weight" might put on the front of her neck.

She has loved the water all of her life but as she's aged she more the "I will just sit and cool off" even has her own pool HAHAHAHA

View attachment 115681View attachment 115682View attachment 115683

I guess will stick with what we know...and love :) God Bless Monty!!! 8.5 years old!! Maybe a Jacuzzi tub is in order

Monty has a kiddie pool but will not get in it if it has water in it. He loves to lay in it though.
Monty and his pool (2).jpg

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Classic and still hilarious!

He likes to get in it, chew it around the edges (this is his second pool) and then have a nap. He will not get in it if it has water in it and he is too heavy to pick up. Our boy!20160614_105311.jpg

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Yes it does. I will definitely be looking into that! Bella has a vest but it’s so bulky on her! The collar looks more comfortable!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.