Adoption Application Enthusiasm then nothing...

2KwayzeeDawgs

Sep 3, 2011
Hi,
I applied at an English Bulldog rescue, had the home visit, they were super enthusiastic about me. Told me I passed all tests.
I was supposed to get a call 8 days ago from the president of the rescue, but Ive heard nothing from anyone.
I have emailed, texted and PMed on Facebook and got no response.
I was so excited, now I dont know what to do.

How long from application submission till you get the dog?

I feel like Im in High School and I just got rejected by the hot football player.

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
When I adopted Mickey I sent in my initial application and heard nothing back. I finally, after a few weeks, contacted them again - they then responded and arranged a home visit. Everything went okay and I was approved. Then about a week or more later, they brought Mickey to me. I used Lone Star Bulldog Rescue. Hopefully you will hear something soon. :pray:

OP

2KwayzeeDawgs

Sep 3, 2011
Never mind I just heard from her. I guess the woman who does the apps gave me the wrong impression...

:(

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Never mind I just heard from her. I guess the woman who does the apps gave me the wrong impression...

Oh, what happened? Did they not approve? Sorry to hear your adoption has not run smoothly.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

What?!??? Why??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP

2KwayzeeDawgs

Sep 3, 2011
Oh, what happened? Did they not approve? Sorry to hear your adoption has not run smoothly.

The woman who does the apps called me the day after my home check to say Ive passed all their checks. The dogs had to be spayed. She told me the owner will call me that evening. It was 7-8 days since anyone contacted me, they have been speutered.
I texted, emailed and FB msged The owner of the rescue last night. This am she texted me and said they were still reviewing apps.
I guess that means Im not getting them.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
The woman who does the apps called me the day after my home check to say Ive passed all their checks. The dogs had to be spayed. She told me the owner will call me that evening. It was 7-8 days since anyone contacted me, they have been speutered.
I texted, emailed and FB msged The owner of the rescue last night. This am she texted me and said they were still reviewing apps.
I guess that means Im not getting them.

Sorry to hear this. I understand it must be disappointing as they said you passed all their checks.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh I'm so sorry to read this... did she ever give you a reason why?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Rescue the dog
Bring the dog up to re-homing status
Find a suitable home based on applications
Do a phone interview with follow-up questions
Determine from that interview if the home is still suitable
Schedule and follow through with a home visit
Insist that the home be brought up to required standards if necessary...
If other pets are involved, then a initial "meet and greet" is conducted, usually outside near fostering home
If meet and greet goes well then move forward with placement

Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES is a home visit done for any individual who's application deemed them unsuitable
Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES is a home visit done if there is no dog ready for placement
Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES is a home visit done followed by ambiguous correspondence

This is not rocket science...however, the process requires a measure of common sense and compassion

OP

2KwayzeeDawgs

Sep 3, 2011
Do I have to apply everytime a dog becomes available?
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] apparently the application reviewer gave me the wrong impression but the rescue owner/president had not decided anything.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Do I have to apply everytime a dog becomes available?
@ddnene apparently the application reviewer gave me the wrong impression but the rescue owner/president had not decided anything.

I honestly don't know... I would think that you would be on a waiting list?!! [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION]

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I can’t speak for other Rescue Orgs, but I would think that after having a home visit that one would certainly be on some sort of “list”...but perhaps not. It may be time for a face to face with the one in charge of placements. That way everyone knows where everyone stands.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.