Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update on Beasley

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beasley
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Update on Beasley

Beasley will be 1 on the 26th of this month. He weighs 37.7 lbs as of yesterday, he weighed 41 lbs on the 5th of January...

I did buy the canned Hills Science, sensitive stomach and skin.

I have given him yogurt with meals today.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beasley
    Likes (Received)

Thank you all! Beasley was acting more like himself today, I am giving him his meds and he's keeping food down, so I'm super relieved at that.

I want to get him through this pneumonia, that is my first priority. I have been researching different foods and I think I am going to give Earthborn a try. Question, do you mix canned with dry, just dry, just canned? What combinations do you guys use that works well?

Thanks again! So thankful to have a community to get great advice from!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beasley
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    Helene is spot on. Forget about the food for now and get that Pneumonia under control. Any Vet that's selling Hills get's a kickback on the back end or big discounts up front. It's NOT quality food.
    Pneumonia takes time to develop but may present in a matter of hours once set in. I'm guessing that he's developed pneumonia over the past few days because of the episodes of gagging and choking you told us about. Watch him carefully. If he does not start drinking very soon he may need a bag of fluid to help get him over the hump. I would have insisted on it while at the Vet and I'm a little surprised that they did not suggest it.
    They did give him a bag of fluids yesterday at the vet, He is drinking now!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BeasleysMom View Post
    Thank you all! Beasley was acting more like himself today, I am giving him his meds and he's keeping food down, so I'm super relieved at that.

I want to get him through this pneumonia, that is my first priority. I have been researching different foods and I think I am going to give Earthborn a try. Question, do you mix canned with dry, just dry, just canned? What combinations do you guys use that works well?

For transitioning him from the Hills to Earthborn? You could add some dry kibble to his canned food... go slow 1/4 cup at a time over several days, and then gradually add more kibble. You don't want to upset his stomach...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

5. Likes helsonwheels, sisters3 liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Hills canned food has a recall for excessive amounts of Vit. D. @BeasleysMom Please check this https://www.hillspet.com/productlist
    "
    ďIt came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

7. Likes helsonwheels, sisters3, ddnene liked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Glad to hear the little one is doing better today! And great with an upcoming birthday!

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

So happy he is feeling better! great news...

So, why are you wanting to not back with Fromm Ö wat was the issue with the food? Eartborn is a great food just curious why the vet wanted you off Fromm other than them making more money off of you
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beasley
    Likes (Received)

Nothing bad about Fromm at all, I’ve just been reading the food forums and suggestions and Earthbound seems to be a favorite above Fromm. There is so much conflicting information and I’m not sure what to do, so I decided to move to Eatthbound and try that.

My cousin, a vet tech, posted this today. She has no clue the issues I’ve been having with Beasley or what I’m feeding him. Another element to add to my confusion. It seems it’s all about money, I just want to feed my boy a good quality food that will be best for his health.

https://slate.com/technology/2019/01...your-pets.html

11. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Nothing bad about Fromm at all, Iíve just been reading the food forums and suggestions and Earthbound seems to be a favorite above Fromm. There is so much conflicting information and Iím not sure what to do, so I decided to move to Eatthbound and try that.

My cousin, a vet tech, posted this today. She has no clue the issues Iíve been having with Beasley or what Iím feeding him. Another element to add to my confusion. It seems itís all about money, I just want to feed my boy a good quality food that will be best for his health.

https://slate.com/technology/2019/01...your-pets.html
    Earthworm grain free is great choice.. add a can of sardines once a week to cover any taurine needed.

Ignore that article.. it is big pet food causing false alarms... only certain breeds could possibly have the issue and most if not all grain free foods add the needed taurine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

13. Likes 1Chumly, helsonwheels liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beasley
    Likes (Received)

Thank you! I am ignoring the article, kept trying to find out who funded the research...

15. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads