Teeth and paws

Corea99

Aug 26, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Finley
Question 1) How do you maintain your bully's choppers?
  • Brushing 2-3 times/week?
  • Dental chews?
  • Pet groomer?
  • Combination of ....?

Question 2) If your bully wears socks or shoes, where did you buy them?

Thanks!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
  • Dental chews?
  • Pet groomer?
  • Combination of ....?

Thanks!

Iā€™ve never brushed any of my dogs teeth. Always gave then raw frozen marrow bones to keep the teeth solid n a good sturdy rubber toy to keep teeth white.

When Duke had indigital cyst not too long ago, I already had socks I bought from pet value but a month ago went to buy human baby socks. Same anti-grip under neath and a fraction of the price. 6-1yr old size. His paws are ok now :)

Why you need socks?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We don't brush teeth, we get moose antlers, marrow bones or nylabones to do the job. I take mine to the groomers at least every 8 weeks for a bath (with the furnimator) and have their nails dremelled. I haven't bought socks for my guys yet... I'm sure they would try to destroy them... Lol

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Usually bulldogs donā€™t need toothbrushing, just give them enough chewing toys - antlers, balls, King toys, ropes, raw apples or carrots etc. If your dog still develops dental stone or other problems, something is wrong, you better ask advice from vet. Anyway, brushing dogs teeth isnā€™t an easy task.
Socks feel very uncomfortable for dogs, they battle to walk in them, and though it is possible to teach dog to wear them, they hate wearing socks and shoes.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have 5 dogs, ages 2 to 6 yrs. Their teeth are great and clean. They have a whole toybox of nylabones, and other "indestructable" chews. If they do wear them down, I throw them out and replace them. (the toys-not the dogs!) I just ordered some bison horns-we will see how they are. P.S. be careful with socks-mine would swallow them! Ugh!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Raw marrow bones and nylabones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I have 5 dogs, ages 2 to 6 yrs. Their teeth are great and clean. They have a whole toybox of nylabones, and other "indestructable" chews. If they do wear them down, I throw them out and replace them. (the toys-not the dogs!) I just ordered some bison horns-we will see how they are. P.S. be careful with socks-mine would swallow them! Ugh!

I bought 2 buffalo horns a couple years ago. Nyala goes through anything even big solid marrow bones. But the buffalo horns she hasnā€™t so far. You have hollow ones n ones that are solid inside. Mine are solid. Both still chews on them n Nyala hasnā€™t broken them. I gave one to my son n his GS broken it. Idk if itā€™s the way their mouths are designed or what. But they sure love them horns.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
I think the GS can get the bones and horns further into their mouth, to use more of their "bite power!"

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
  • Dental chews?
  • Pet groomer?
  • Combination of ....?

Thanks!

My guys all four I've had over the years, never had any dental cleaning or work needed.... I give them moose antlers, raw marrow bones and they LOVE to chew on empty water bottles.

paws... no shoes, neither of them will move when i put them on, I use mushers secret to help keep them from cracking or drying out

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
My guys all four I've had over the years, never had any dental cleaning or work needed.... I give them moose antlers, raw marrow bones and they LOVE to chew on empty water bottles.

paws... no shoes, neither of them will move when i put them on, I use mushers secret to help keep them from cracking or drying out

Do I remember a video of Cheli the wonderdog, with socks or boots on? or did I dream it?:hmm:If it was a dream, it was a funny one!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Do I remember a video of Cheli the wonderdog, with socks or boots on? or did I dream it?:hmm:If it was a dream, it was a funny one!

You remember correctly... him and Banks... Cheli froze in place and Banks was walking strangely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Corea99

Corea99

Aug 26, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Finley
Thanks for all the feedback. I have brushed Finleyā€™s teeth a few times. He surprisingly handled it really well. I made a game of it & he loves the flavor of the doggie toothpaste. He has no issues. Despite Nyla bones, grooming, etc., the vet recommends it as preventative care.

Finleyā€™s paws are dry & callusing despite Musherā€™s. The groomer mentioned it at his last appt. Musherā€™s and socks a bedtime may keep his paws supple. Maybe thatā€™s just how it is.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.