Possible issue when going potty

Sinister

Jan 13, 2019
Country
Panama
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Here is a picture of Thor's tail. He is 8 weeks old.

If you notice the way it curls down, the tip hangs right at the anus. Whenever he goes potty, the tail gets smeared, and we have to wipe it with wet-ones. Will this change was he grows, has anyone else experienced this, or deos anyone have any suggestions?

20190122_151304.jpg

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I think his tail will always be like that but I am no expert. I do know some bulldogs have tails like that and tails have different names for them depending on what kind it is.
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION]?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
We call that tail a "flag". Unfortunately, it's waving in a bad location. That makes it a Sh!ttail Flag. My Smedley had one...had it all his life. Most of the time they improve with age...meaning the dog(somehow)learns to lift the tail when it does its biz or, as the body grows & changes, the tail just moves out of the line of fire. Until that happens, keep baby wipes handy and just give a quick under-tail swipe right after dookie time is done.
Keep doing what you are doing and since he's so young there's a good chance that the location may change, or he will begin to lift his tail.
BTW, he's got a cute booty...please post a front view.

OP
S

Sinister

Jan 13, 2019
Country
Panama
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
I hope it changes. Kind of sucks to have to wipe him after each poo, especially since he will start to go on his own in designated areas, when one isn't around.

Here are some pictures of him, like you asked.

Image 2019-01-19 at 9.03.34 PM.jpeg

Image 2019-01-14 at 12.29.10 PM.jpeg

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie does not have that kind of tail but I generally just wipe his butt every time he poops because sometimes there are little clingers you can't see!

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
OMG! What a cutie pie you have! Mmmmm...my prognosis is “pessimistic”. Flag tail and right in the line of fire! Wipes is your solution. Btw, I always wipe my dogs butthole, because I’m OCD:D don’t like when after going potty he positions his rear end on my foot and there are...smudges:bad:
so you are not alone!
P.s. Please, post more of your precious baby! Love, love, love him!

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Louie does not have that kind of tail but I generally just wipe his butt every time he poops because sometimes there are little clingers you can't see!

Im with you! If there are some...remnants...you can be sure he will wipe it on my jeans or sneakers or even bare foot:w00t:i dont like puppy poop on my foot:unsure:

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Im with you! If there are some...remnants...you can be sure he will wipe it on my jeans or sneakers or even bare foot:w00t:i dont like puppy poop on my foot:unsure:

OMG...speaking of that...last week I took him out in the morning, he did his business, he ran into the house before me so I go in and grab the wipes and give a wipe. Then on the kitchen floor I see a little brown speck so I go to kick it (why, I have no idea) and it was a tiny poop piece that must have fallen off before I wiped him and it was smeared on my big toe.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
One of mine (Maude) insists that I wipe her, after she goes. She will face her butt to me, and won't quit until I DO wipe her, and then she has to smell the wipe! I am dog slave labor!! :facepalm2:

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
One of mine (Maude) insists that I wipe her, after she goes. She will face her butt to me, and won't quit until I DO wipe her, and then she has to smell the wipe! I am dog slave labor!! :facepalm2:

:ROFL:

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank

I already posted somewhere that my husband observing this butt wiping ritual always asks when he is going to get the same level of service :excited:

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I hope it changes. Kind of sucks to have to wipe him after each poo,

You've got a baby in the house! :D
We actually often wipe Castor too when we come home from walks but we just use toilet paper - takes five seconds and saves furniture and floors. Bulldogs cannot clean themselves so I think this comes with owning a bulldog.

Btw, baby Thor is absolutely adorable.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online