Obisety in bulldogs praised?

BabyGirlBullDozer

Nov 28, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Era
So I haven't posted in a bit Christmas and the holidays were crazy but now that I have a little more time im back..so had a question about extremely over weight bulldogs is this the norm? im talking like when you cant see a neck on them in a pic? reason I ask was I had been in a bulldog group on FB that I left cause of this some women posted a pic of a clearly morbidly obese dog he looks so uncomfortable poor thing he had to be near 200 pounds and everyone on the thread was saying how handsome he was anyone asking or questioning about his health got their comments deleted even if you asked in a nice way poof..its just so crazy to me that lettings ones animal get to the point were they look like they might not be able to walk would ever be seen as attractive and positive..is that the norm or is FB just that special of a place? :scared::facepalm2:

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I've no idea about FB, dogs must not be obese. Ideally, the waistline should be clearly visible and you should be able to feel but not see the rib cage if you look at the dog from above. The dog you saw in that picture needs help, poor thing.

OP
BabyGirlBullDozer

BabyGirlBullDozer

Nov 28, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Era
I've no idea about FB, dogs must not be obese. Ideally, the waistline should be clearly visible and you should be able to feel but not see the rib cage if you look at the dog from above. The dog you saw in that picture needs help, poor thing.

That's what I thought too he literally had triple chins you could not see any neck line his face was also huge almost no wrinkles no ribs anywhere in sight he would prob have had to lose a good 100 pounds before you could see ribs and all these people were saying how gorgeous it was talk about warped realities...:wallbang: im glad it wasn't just me who thinks that's sad

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Unfortunately some people think that bulldogs are suppose to be “big” but an overweight dog is not a healthy dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
A member posted this poster.

People think Duke’s not eating enough n thin. He’s perfect as he is. I rather he be a few pounds under than over. Cause once they hit 3yrs old the body shifts. Sad when you have a forum that deletes your opinion that speaks the truth. Guess some people can’t handle the truth.
B31E71C1-8BAE-45AA-9663-5820F03F1921.jpeg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have found that on FB people are super sensitive about getting "common sense" advice. IMO they are not on there to get any real help, just HEY look at my bulldog... that is one of the reasons I like EBN so much. People will give you their opinion in a constructive not criticizing manner.

And YES I do believe that bulldogs are getting larger, and some people don't understand that they are putting their dogs at risk for severe health issues on down the line.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
From what you describe... that poor baby needs help :(

I am in a lot of bulldog FB pages but raely to never respond because people really don't want your honest advice :(

OP
BabyGirlBullDozer

BabyGirlBullDozer

Nov 28, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Era
A member posted this poster.

People think Duke’s not eating enough n thin. He’s perfect as he is. I rather he be a few pounds under than over. Cause once they hit 3yrs old the body shifts. Sad when you have a forum that deletes your opinion that speaks the truth. Guess some people can’t handle the truth.
View attachment 115215

I agree it is sad there were a good 50+ posts of praise for the owners I was one of two people who spoke out showing concern the sad thing is groups like that only hurt the breed as they perpetuate the idea that's healthy I left it myself you cant argure with that level of stupid...

I have found that on FB people are super sensitive about getting "common sense" advice. IMO they are not on there to get any real help, just HEY look at my bulldog... that is one of the reasons I like EBN so much. People will give you their opinion in a constructive not criticizing manner.

And YES I do believe that bulldogs are getting larger, and some people don't understand that they are putting their dogs at risk for severe health issues on down the line.

They are extremely sensitive and I agree its pretty much just a attention site anyone with any genuine common sense advice unless it goes with the mob mentality is not going to be received very well.. that's what upset me I saw that bully and I could just imagine the poor guy not being able to run or play heck my girl has gained almost 10 pounds in a few months and im noticing her straining a little more so im watching her intake more closely cause I care about her health not some weird ideal that they are suppose to be huge..I agree Im so glad I found this place I can get honest unbiased genuine advice its amazing!

From what you describe... that poor baby needs help :(

I am in a lot of bulldog FB pages but raely to never respond because people really don't want your honest advice :(

I joined cause I loved getting bully cuteness in my feed every morning but I think im going to be limiting my joining of FB groups from now on tired of dealing with the special self absorbed snowflakes..:snowing:

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.