Day Dreaming/Blank Stare

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
Hi!!

Do any of your dogs stare off into space? My boy has been doing it a couple times lately and Iā€™m wondering if I should be concerned. Itā€™s almost like heā€™s day dreaming or zoning out. The other day, he was just staring at the wall and it took a couple calls for him to snap out.

He does have hyper arousal, and was a bit excited the day he was staring at the wall. So Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s the reason or if it could be something more serious.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
It's possible that he's sleeping with his eyes open. I had a boy, Smedley, that would do that. I could wave my hand in front of his face and he wouldn't flinch. But as soon as I touched him he snap out of it...and wake right up.
Then again, it might be that he's just zoned out.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Bella does that pretty often. Sometimes I swear she may even be looking at me out of the corner of her eye (like she is giving me the stink eye!)
A lot of times its when I am trying to get a picture of her. I do talk to her a lot too so I think she tries to ignore me. :lol::ROFL::ROFL::biglaugh::ROFL::biglaugh:

Vanillagurilla

Jan 11, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Remington and Ruger
My boy will stare and nothing and sometimes I think hes seeing something I cant lol. We also go for quite a few car rides for 1-3 hours and instead of laying down with my other dog in the back seat he will just stand there not moving, maybe he is sleeping standing up idk.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Nyala does it often. She sleeps sitting with her eyes open. Hereā€™s what she looks like.

FB247A80-772B-44F4-8440-69CAA4444379.jpeg

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Theoretically could be so called petit mal - small epileptic seizures. Looks like dog freezes for several seconds and stares into space and doesnā€™t react.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi!!

Do any of your dogs stare off into space? My boy has been doing it a couple times lately and Iā€™m wondering if I should be concerned. Itā€™s almost like heā€™s day dreaming or zoning out. The other day, he was just staring at the wall and it took a couple calls for him to snap out.

He does have hyper arousal, and was a bit excited the day he was staring at the wall. So Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s the reason or if it could be something more serious.

Thanks!!

When he was staring at the wall.. was he one the wall or just looking at it -- zoned out? My Frenchie does this all the time, we started calling him 'stoner'... but as sooner as I get close to him, he turns and comes running over.
Lambeua does it on occasion too, but as soon as I say treat or potty he comes running over.

have you tried calling or seeing how he responds?

OP
Shahster

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
When he was staring at the wall.. was he one the wall or just looking at it -- zoned out? My Frenchie does this all the time, we started calling him 'stoner'... but as sooner as I get close to him, he turns and comes running over.
Lambeua does it on occasion too, but as soon as I say treat or potty he comes running over.

have you tried calling or seeing how he responds?

Just staring. I read about the resting of head but he wasnā€™t doing that. If I call him heā€™ll come out of it. Sometimes itā€™ll take a couple of calls.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just staring. I read about the resting of head but he wasnā€™t doing that. If I call him heā€™ll come out of it. Sometimes itā€™ll take a couple of calls.

Ok.. heā€™s being a bulldog

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.