Is Joey Losing Her Girlish Figure?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Yes, either traveling to auction sites or at home office. Mostly home office with occasional trips.

Looks like I need to step up her activity for sure!

Can you bring her to auction sites since sheā€™s friendly? You can even bring a healthy treat on her walk her 2nd walk so she thinks ā€œ I go for another walk I get a treatā€ type of thing. Lol

And one lap is better than nothing. For sure she needs to move more. Here it can be very cold that no way you can go with an EB on a walk. Even other dogs. Winter they do a lot less activities. I do like you I play with them outside with the balls to get the blood circulating n make them run. I do this often in a day since itā€™s cold.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Bentley says Joey looks hot!

Here is a chart that may help.
German-Shepherd-Weight-Chart-809x530.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Sue...ready for the snow this weekend coming up?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thanks Helene! You know it was a photo of Duke that got me thinking Joey might need to lose some weight LOL

Edited to say - It's like Joey read my thoughts LOL she went on my 6:30am walk this morning....at least one lap :)

You need to remember every dogā€™s energy is different. Duke is in a Jack Russell suit. He looks thin to some but heā€™s a 50lb rock. Nyala gains every winter as we walk less so she has a good 3-5lbs excess weight. She does get the smaller pieces of the raw which is less than 1/2 pounders n 2/3 cup of acan at night. Basically she eat under a pound a day. I know itā€™s a winter issue for Nyala and she tends to gain easily. Thatā€™s a heads up for me. Others gave you great ideas for your baby girl to get her back in her girly figure. :)

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Can you bring her to auction sites since sheā€™s friendly? You can even bring a healthy treat on her walk her 2nd walk so she thinks ā€œ I go for another walk I get a treatā€ type of thing. Lol

And one lap is better than nothing. For sure she needs to move more. Here it can be very cold that no way you can go with an EB on a walk. Even other dogs. Winter they do a lot less activities. I do like you I play with them outside with the balls to get the blood circulating n make them run. I do this often in a day since itā€™s cold.

As far as taking her to auction sites it's more about who our seller is, are THEY dog friendly or not. She has gone with me when she can and just hangs with me in the settlement office. But nine times out of ten it's not appropriate. I love your idea about the treat, coaxing her for a second lap, will try for sure. My walking buddy only brings his dog for one lap so maybe we up them both :)

She LOVES LOVES LOVES walking with me in the snow, as it's actively snowing BUT I will only take her in the fields not the road for laps (salt). Her sweet spot for walks are spring, EARLY morning summer if not too hot, and the fall. It's totally hit or miss with her. I think I will do as you and have MORE play time inside with her and not just after work. Like right now she is sound asleep in her "office bed" next to my desk LOL

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey

Here is a chart that may help.
German-Shepherd-Weight-Chart-809x530.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

THIS IS AWESOME ROGER!!! Thank you so much! I am SO READY for the snow....so is Joey. We have really lucked out, just that one December storm but I'm totally ready to bundle up and get outside, even if it's with the snowblower at first LOL I have a little "chic snowblower" easy to use BUT you really have to stay on top of it, like clear every 4 inches or so.....I just open the garage doors, bundle up, open a COLD COORS LITE and off I go, we have a small neighborhood so we make a party out of it for sure.

You ready for it? Are they calling for much accumulation?

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
THIS IS AWESOME ROGER!!! Thank you so much! I am SO READY for the snow....so is Joey. We have really lucked out, just that one December storm but I'm totally ready to bundle up and get outside, even if it's with the snowblower at first LOL I have a little "chic snowblower" easy to use BUT you really have to stay on top of it, like clear every 4 inches or so.....I just open the garage doors, bundle up, open a COLD COORS LITE and off I go, we have a small neighborhood so we make a party out of it for sure.

You ready for it? Are they calling for much accumulation?
The weather pundits do not have a handle on how much be cause they're not sure of the track of the storm. I to have a snowblower and will be cranking it up to make good to go..

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
The weather pundits do not have a handle on how much be cause they're not sure of the track of the storm. I to have a snowblower and will be cranking it up to make good to go..

Well hopefully it starts with no issues.....bring it on! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

SNOW?!? I heard nothing of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
SNOW?!? I heard nothing of this

I think the weather "heads" are all still on the fence as to how much, who, and where we will get. Def getting here in south central pa.....maybe you too Christine....LOL

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think the weather "heads" are all still on the fence as to how much, who, and where we will get. Def getting here in south central pa.....maybe you too Christine....LOL

If you get, I will... I think we are only about an hour apart

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
If you get, I will... I think we are only about an hour apart

Well yes, only an hour apart when I'm at my brother's place (our corporate office is in Hatfield) BUT I live in Blair County, waaaaay to the west of you. So......still.....you could see MORE than me....OR....I could see more than you.....time will tell and either way we'll share pics :)

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well yes, only an hour apart when I'm at my brother's place (our corporate office is in Hatfield) BUT I live in Blair County, waaaaay to the west of you. So......still.....you could see MORE than me....OR....I could see more than you.....time will tell and either way we'll share pics :)
Use to fly to Blair County airport from Cumberland. Had breakfast at the airport restaurant

Right now they're caing for 1 to 5 inches in DC.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Use to fly to Blair County airport from Cumberland. Had breakfast at the airport restaurant

Right now they're caing for 1 to 5 inches in DC.

LOVE the airport!! Depending on how long ago you were at the restaurant my friends owned it (no longer) but the new management is really good too!!

Our area forecasters are STILL on the fence of accumulation LOL

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
LOVE the airport!! Depending on how long ago you were at the restaurant my friends owned it (no longer) but the new management is really good too!!

Our area forecasters are STILL on the fence of accumulation LOL
Father in law and I flew a Piper J-3 over PA WV VA and MD. Did a touch and go on a unfinished bridge on I-68 when it was being built. Also flew over Hyndman, PA after the big flood. Just a couple of adventures.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Father in law and I flew a Piper J-3 over PA WV VA and MD. Did a touch and go on a unfinished bridge on I-68 when it was being built. Also flew over Hyndman, PA after the big flood. Just a couple of adventures.

WOW sounds like an awesome couple of adventures!!! Who's the pilot? You or Father in law?

Since you're familiar you'll appreciate this.....I got dropped off at Blair County AP on the way back from an auction site, King Air 200, I grabbed my stuff, exited the plane, pilot did not shut the engines down because it was just a quick drop off an summer storms were coming. WELL we (the auction company) received a several hundred dollar fine for him not shutting the engines down......YIKES! Of course sent onto the charter company HAHAHAHAHA

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.