New bulldog owner.Question on the type of mix he is

Darling6

Jan 7, 2019
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
647F67A5-2220-4560-A687-B94229B823D8.jpegGood morning everyone!!
We are new Bulldog Owners and have welcomed our beautiful new pup to our family on Thursday he is eight weeks old I do have a question in regards to the mix he is ! The woman who we purchased Gus from Said he is a mix of3/4 English bulldog with 1/4 old Boston Bulldogge I was wondering if anyone had this type of Mix and what he will look like we arenā€™t able to find any pictures on the Internet Of what an adult would look like with this mixture thanks so much and advance for all your comments
Another thing I just thought of was the lady called them Mini English bulldogs not sure if that helps

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Good morning everyone!!
We are new Bulldog Owners and have welcomed our beautiful new pup to our family on Thursday he is eight weeks old I do have a question in regards to the mix he is ! The woman who we purchased Gus from Said he is a mix of3/4 English bulldog with 1/4 old Boston Bulldogge I was wondering if anyone had this type of Mix and what he will look like we arenā€™t able to find any pictures on the Internet Of what an adult would look like with this mixture thanks so much and advance for all your comments

Welcome to you and Gus! This place is a wealth of knowledge for sure! I have no idea what the mix will look like BUT maybe if you post some photos of what Gus looks like now it will help the more experienced folks here have an idea. PLUS we love all pups AND photos!!

EDITED TO ADD: I just did a quick google comparison and the olde Boston appears to look like a boxer in stature and snout....

OP
D

Darling6

Jan 7, 2019
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
I added a photo thanks for the answer I looked at pictures of what both dogs looks like separately I just canā€™t find a picture of what it will look like as a combination LOL hopefully somebody here will have some idea

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
When you have two breeds in a mix, there are many variations, of what your pup could grow up to look like. It depends on many factors/color,if ears will stand or flop, generations of each breed,and so on. Taking good care,good food,love and training, will ensure that your dog will be the best that he can be!!
There are actually many pics of that mix on the "net".

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN! Gus is down right adorable!

hard to tell what he will look like as they all grow differently and you'll have a good idea once he is over a year old as they change so much the first year

OP
D

Darling6

Jan 7, 2019
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Thank you ! He is so sweet I guess Iā€™ll have to just wait and see lll!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=18799]Darling6[/MENTION] Thanks for adding the photo, Gus looks adorable!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the black and white face!!! Looking forward to MORE photos please.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
He is a cute one. It'll be fun to watch him grow up...so that means a steady stream of pics, please.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
View attachment 115149Good morning everyone!!
Another thing I just thought of was the lady called them Mini English bulldogs not sure if that helps

Basically there are 2 kinds of smaller versions. Miniature which is completely gimmick. The mini basically is an EB but depending on the breeder which are very hard to find breeding only with EB n keeping the smaller ones of the litter. Can take up to 15years (and more) of breeding to achieve a 100% EB in a smaller version. They should weight around 35-40lbs. My white face Duke is a small version (mini) but weighs 50lbs.

This is Duke... btwwhere in Canada are you?

3A0BCBAF-4786-4FF8-ADBE-C713BBB4426A.jpeg

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor says hi to cute little Gus!

OP
D

Darling6

Jan 7, 2019
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Thanks so much for the info ! His dad is an English bulldog and his mom is Old Boston Bulldog and English
We didnā€™t purchase because it said mini We just loved him to pieces after a few days I started to wonder will he look like a English bulldog or are his ears going to stand up and will he be skinny lol
Duke is so cute !! We are in Ontario! 54D1B36A-F526-4543-8225-97E675A1B30D.jpeg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Iā€™m
Thanks so much for the info ! His dad is an English bulldog and his mom is Old Boston Bulldog and English
We didnā€™t purchase because it said mini We just loved him to pieces after a few days I started to wonder will he look like a English bulldog or are his ears going to stand up and will he be skinny lol
Duke is so cute !! We are in Ontario! View attachment 115152

Thank you.... From what I see Gus will be on the EB side....as the Old Boston Bulldogs have longer legs and ears are a bit higher. We have a few members from ON as well.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Hi and congratulations with your cutie pie! From what I see he is going to be more EB. His ears cannot stand up, too floppy, so no worries. Beautiful big paws. Very lovely boy! We love pictures, so donā€™t be shy to post more:D

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Gus is adorable, I hope to see lots of pics of him...

OP
D

Darling6

Jan 7, 2019
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Thanks so much ! Iā€™ll be sure to post lots as he grows !!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.