About once a week we take Lala (and sometimes MINI too) to a local brewery...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
the beer selection is quite good. Dogs are allowed and encouraged. Va law states that breweries that do not prepare food can allow animals inside. It's up to the individual brewery to decide whether they will allow or not.
Most nights there's some sort of food truck and on nights when there isn't, there's a really good pizza shop next door. They allow food to be brought inside.
Lala has an absolute blast there. She just patiently sits and waits for patrons to walk by and stares at them until they see her. Most will ask about her and even hug, scratch, and pet her. Some will sit on the floor with her and let her kiss away. It really is fun for her...us too as we're always asked questions that lead to her/our rescue story. I think they've come to expect our weekly visits...can't wait for the next one.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Oh, I so want to be one of your dogs :hissy::newyear8:

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Lala looks like she is having so much fun ! Wish there was a place like that in Toronto. One time we got together with a local bulldog group at a brewery event, and there were 50 bulldogs running free and their owners and free beer. Honey started out ok, but before the end of the event Honey was starting to bark at the dogs and wanting to fight so we had to leave. We haven't gone to any other events since because she's not overly sociable with other dogs.
beer.with.bullies.jpg

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Lala prefers interacting with the people, the other dogs there, not so much. So far so good....but if another dog started sniffing her backsides she’ll let them know she’s doesn’t play that.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This is so awesome... she just LOVES all that attention and is a such a good girl

crabcake

Jan 26, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Crabcake
During ravens games I took Crabcake a number of times, he loves nothing more than being around lots of people

Most Reactions