SampsonsMumma

Apr 21, 2017
New Hampshire
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sampson
Just came back from Sampsonā€™s annual check up! He turned 5 in November and ever since he was a puppy Iā€™ve known heā€™s has a bad back leg as he has a luxatting kneecap. Along with that the vet now told me that he has arthritis in 2 more legs. I already have him on dasiquin joint supplement but heard great things about CBD oil. This vet is trying to tell me heā€™ll need surgery eventually and that is the last thing I want to hear. Has anyone tried CBD oil before? What brand do you use? How much do you use and how do you administer it. I want to try everything in my power for my bully before surgery of course !

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I use CBD oil for my Frenchie. There are a lot of different brands and I have used a few. Iā€™ve gotten one at a local pet boutique and then there is also a brand Treatibles and I think that one can be ordered online. The one I use now I get from one of his vets and can only be gotten through a vet as itā€™s higher concentration.

As far as dosage, each brand is different but itā€™s basically a range of drops based on weight so itā€™s something you have to play around with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

victorjohn

Dec 18, 2018
New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
No
Just came back from Sampsonā€™s annual check up! He turned 5 in November and ever since he was a puppy Iā€™ve known heā€™s has a bad back leg as he has a luxatting kneecap. Along with that the vet now told me that he has arthritis in 2 more legs. I already have him on dasiquin joint supplement but heard great things about CBD oil. This vet is trying to tell me heā€™ll need surgery eventually and that is the last thing I want to hear. Has anyone tried CBD oil before? What brand do you use? How much do you use and how do you administer it. I want to try everything in my power for my bully before surgery of course !

Hi,

According to Dr. Gary Richter, a California-based holistic veterinarian and author of ā€œThe Ultimate Pet Health Guide,ā€ the most common way pet owners are using CBD for dogs is to help with pain, stress, and anxiety- which would make sense since that is why many people choose to try CBD in the first place.

If your dogā€™s taking conventional drugs for any of the conditions listed above, CBD may make it possible to lower doses of the drugs and still achieve therapeutic effects. Since most conventional medicines do have side effects, getting relief while decreasing the occurrences of unwanted side effects is something to consider when seeing if CBD is right for your pet.

JacobJohnson92

Oct 20, 2022
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rik
Hi,

According to Dr. Gary Richter, a California-based holistic veterinarian and author of ā€œThe Ultimate Pet Health Guide,ā€ the most common way pet owners are using CBD for dogs is to help with pain, stress, and anxiety- which would make sense since that is why many people choose to try CBD in the first place.

If your dogā€™s taking conventional drugs for any of the conditions listed above, CBD may make it possible to lower doses of the drugs and still achieve therapeutic effects. Since most conventional medicines do have side effects, getting relief while decreasing the occurrences of unwanted side effects is something to consider when seeing if https://highthc.shop/product-category/hash/
I use CBD oil for my Frenchman. There are many different brands, and I have used some of them. I bought one at a local pet store, there is also a brand, and I think you can order it online. The one I'm using now I got from one of his vets, and it can only be purchased through a vet because it has a higher concentration. Regarding dosage, each brand is different, but it's basically a range of drops based on weight, so you have to play around with that.

Last edited:

grozavoron

Nov 14, 2023
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Amon and Teri
It's tough to hear about Sampson's leg issues, but it's great that you're exploring options like CBD oil.
If you're still looking for brand recommendations and dosages, you might want to check out some online pet forums or communities. Pet owners often share their experiences and tips with CBD oil, which can be really helpful.
I suggest you read about cannabis terpenes as well. They can complement the effects of CBD oil and could be beneficial. You can find more information here on releaf.co.uk. As for me, it's always good to gather multiple sources of information to make an informed decision.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online