A 72° January Day doesn't come along very often, so we took advantage...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
and went to Sandbridge in Va. Beach with Lala in tow. She had a blast playing fetch and chasing balls all over the beach.
We played for about 30 minutes(Lala wanted to keep playing) and headed back, only to meet a Bulldog on the way down, and made a new friend.
Fun, beautiful day.

_1010011.JPG

_1010047.JPG

_1010023.JPG

_1010061.JPG

_1010062.JPG

_1010069.JPG

_1010070.JPG

_1010137.JPG

_1010192.JPG

_1010174.jpg

_1010280.jpg

_1010281.JPG

_1010320.JPG

BullyBoston

Jan 14, 2016
Boston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Apollo
and went to Sandbridge in Va. Beach with Lala in tow. She had a blast playing fetch and chasing balls all over the beach.
We played for about 30 minutes(Lala wanted to keep playing) and headed back, only to meet a Bulldog on the way down, and made a new friend.
Fun, beautiful day.

View attachment 115109

View attachment 115110

View attachment 115111

View attachment 115112

View attachment 115113

View attachment 115114

View attachment 115115

View attachment 115116

View attachment 115117

View attachment 115118

View attachment 115119

View attachment 115120

View attachment 115121
Great pictures!!![emoji7]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Lala sure did have a great time! She is a lucky, happy girl! Thank you for the photos.:D

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] OMG I love love love seeing your posts when there are photos attached!!! BEST EVER !!!! What a great day for Lala too, you can just see the absolute JOY on her face!!!! Thank you and NEVER stop sharing please :)

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
where’s Mini?
MINI can't go. She doesn't care about playing fetch so much but she will chase Lala and try to mow her down. She gets hot, tired, and thirsty and because of her Mega E, she cannot drink water unless she's in her chair. We can do that at home but not at the beach. It's a shame because MINI does love to run and play with Lala.
It was tough on her too last night because MINI wanted to play inside and Lala was not having it...way too pooped.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Awesome photos! Looks like Lala had a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
MINI can't go. She doesn't care about playing fetch so much but she will chase Lala and try to mow her down. She gets hot, tired, and thirsty and because of her Mega E, she cannot drink water unless she's in her chair. We can do that at home but not at the beach. It's a shame because MINI does love to run and play with Lala.
It was tough on her too last night because MINI wanted to play inside and Lala was not having it...way too pooped.

Sucks... I recall you posting a video both playing on your (or someone’s) front lawn having a blast n Rolly Polly along. What do you want to do...it is what it is.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Thanks for sharing these lovely photos! Nice Jan weather too!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Looks like a fun day, and that was one happy bully.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
WOW beautiful pics... this winter has been unreal w/the temps.
I had NO idea that Mini couldn't drink water out of her chair... my goodness, does she let you know when she needs a drink? You guys are saints IMO :heart:

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
...my goodness, does she let you know when she needs a drink?
She's really not much trouble at all. A normal day for her starts with a trip outside and then about 15 minutes with a Nylabone. Anymore time than that risks regurging saliva that has collected in her esophagus. That's what we do not want! Every episode of regurge risks aspiration, pneumonia.
After her chewing time she goes into the bailey chair. We pulverize her kibble with our Ninja (on our 3rd machine so far). The Ninja does an awesome job but kibble is very hard and does not turn to a fine consistency easily. It takes about 2 hours to grind a 27LB bag of food. The ground food is mixed with water and a splash of Ensure and coconut oil to the consistency of oatmeal. She gets about 5 ounces of slightly warm water first, followed by the food. She gobbles it up quickly. All the other dogs hang around her chair and police the area as MINI tends to push some food over the side of her table.
Once done eating she gets her knox blox. Her blox are made from Chicken Broth, water, and knox gelatin...cut into 1"x1" cubes...like chicken flavored jello. She eats about 15 of those after every meal and that provides a good amount of her water. She'll stay in the chair for 30 minutes after her meal. That allows gravity to help get the food into her stomach... and then she's done, resuming "normal operation".

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
LOVE HER!! So determined and focused on that orange ball! Great photos... thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
She's really not much trouble at all. A normal day for her starts with a trip outside and then about 15 minutes with a Nylabone. Anymore time than that risks regurging saliva that has collected in her esophagus. That's what we do not want! Every episode of regurge risks aspiration, pneumonia.
After her chewing time she goes into the bailey chair. We pulverize her kibble with our Ninja (on our 3rd machine so far). The Ninja does an awesome job but kibble is very hard and does not turn to a fine consistency easily. It takes about 2 hours to grind a 27LB bag of food. The ground food is mixed with water and a splash of Ensure and coconut oil to the consistency of oatmeal. She gets about 5 ounces of slightly warm water first, followed by the food. She gobbles it up quickly. All the other dogs hang around her chair and police the area as MINI tends to push some food over the side of her table.
Once done eating she gets her knox blox. Her blox are made from Chicken Broth, water, and knox gelatin...cut into 1"x1" cubes...like chicken flavored jello. She eats about 15 of those after every meal and that provides a good amount of her water. She'll stay in the chair for 30 minutes after her meal. That allows gravity to help get the food into her stomach... and then she's done, resuming "normal operation".

Oh my goodness... Mini is SO lucky to have found a wonderful home w/you guys. She is SO darn cute, I wish her all the best :heart:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.