Attatched to his kennel

L

Lucy-licious

Lucy loves her crate too, if its bothersome to you because its in the porch can you put somewhere closer? the living room? kitchen?
its good that he knows its his place and he obviously feels safe and comfy there.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Weeeeeeeeeell, the only use for a crate is transportation. What I can't understand.........why don't you just put the crate up in the attic ......garage......or garden shed?

Interesting. So if your child liked his bed and felt comfortable in it, best to take away? If you only use a crate for transporting, then your dog will think of it as punishment? Those who have started crate training as a puppy ALWAYS have an option of where to put a dog if company comes over, a female is in heat, a dog is sick and needs time to recover, stall/crate rest for surgery recovery.

So if a dog likes a favorite fully bed and wants to go lay down in that, should that be taken away.

We have a dog room in which we have 5 crates. When it is time, all I have to say is "go get in your bed" and then all run down the hallway and get in the correct bed, which happens to be fully bedded with sheets, towels and pads inside a crate.

Of course this is just my opinion.

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Interesting. So if your child liked his bed and felt comfortable in it, best to take away? If you only use a crate for transporting, then your dog will think of it as punishment? Those who have started crate training as a puppy ALWAYS have an option of where to put a dog if company comes over, a female is in heat, a dog is sick and needs time to recover, stall/crate rest for surgery recovery.
Weeeeeeeell, I reckon it's soapbox time again........I don't know about you.......and......I never had any children..........therefore..........I've never caged any kids.:lol: I'll leave that up to you. Duke has his own bed. Not in a cage. He has free reign of his domain.:up: He can sleep where ever he wants to.:luv: If we transport him on long trips...for his safety....he doesn't mind the cage. To me the cage inside the home or on the front or back porch is an eyesore that doesn't need to be. If you have as many dogs as you say.........then you should consider a kennel.........or if your neighbhorhood doesn't allow it.......like mine (only three dogs are allowed) ..........downsizing on just how many dogs you do have.:idea:
Don't kid yourself.........a cage is a cage.......whether your a dog........or a human being. It's a mind set of restrictions and is used for forcing rules of behavior by domineering the captive to subjugation. :whew:Think about that for awhile....and answer this question........Do you want to be caged in such a restricted confinment? :confused: I now return you to your favorite thread here at EBN. (Cheez! I hate when I gotta use the big words to make my point clear!):bang:

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I say to each their own. I personally feel very comfortable and have no issues crating my kids, they love their cages and feel very comfortable and secure in them. Especially Mandy.

Even when I had only one bulldog I crate trained and would leave the door open, and they always went in and out freely on their own accord.

They always sleep in there at night, they are safe there. And especially if I am not home. As [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] learned that poor vegas would find things to get into, even though you would never think they would. It is for their own safety.

We all have different ways to care for our animals, I think that it just boils down to what works for YOU. This includes food, crate training, collar or harness, time indoors/outdoors, or whether or not you let them on your furniture. Everyone is free to express their own opinions on how they care for their pet, and whomever is asking for the advice can make their own decisions based upon the different opinions given.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Gator LOVES his crate. He will just go in there whenever he feels like it. The door stays wide open so he can come and go as he pleases. He is allowed on the furniture and Lucy the Basset loves to sleep on the sofa where there is plenty of room but he prefers his crate. We do lock the door at night so I don't have to worry about him roaming and hurting himself in the night but in the morning we practically have to drag him out. He will lay in there and stretch out "flat bulldog" and look at us like, "OH MAN! Do I HAVE to get out of bed? Can't I hit the snooze button??" lol

One thing he does is weird...he can close the crate door behind him and can do it often! He doesn't do it every time but sometimes he will go in there and we will look over and the door is closed! Noone has seen him do it so it is a huge mystery. lol

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Don't kid yourself.........a cage is a cage.......whether your a dog........or a human being. It's a mind set of restrictions and is used for forcing rules of behavior by domineering the captive to subjugation. :whew:Think about that for awhile....and answer this question........Do you want to be caged in such a restricted confinment? :confused:

I don't think anybody is kidding themselves. We all know a "cage is a cage". You can't compare humans to dogs...I don't know about you, but in my neighborhood........humans don't :poo: outside. A cage may be a cage to a human, but it's a den to a dog. Since dogs are den dwelling animals....it's perfectly natural for them to go in there and want to hang out. Since humans are not den dwellers....it would be inhumane to make someone sleep in one.
In my case, a kennel IS the safest place for Vegas. Vegas has epilepsy. If he were let loose to run around the house during the day when no one was around and he had a grand mal seizure....and fell down the stairs or off the couch and broke his neck or his leg...who would be to blame? I would be to blame. You put a child into a car seat because it's (not only the law) but the safest place for them. Same with a dog that you love more than life itself....you put them in the safest place possible. Just my opinion.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.