Has anyone tried the new Trifectis

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
My vet has just started carrying and recommending the new heartworm and flea preventive called Trifectis and was wondering if anyone has used this product on their bullies and have had any reactions to it? Thank you

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
Oh oh me me. And I LOVE it. Before that.... Spike was on a different one and he would throw it up w trifectus no more throwing up. I love it & more reasonable price than having to buy a flea prev and a heartworm prev separate. Love it!!!!!

OP
goobers mom

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
Thank you, I dont have a flea problem but dont want one either, and did find out it was more reasonable in price

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
Yup u should give it a try. We Dont have a flea problem either its just good to use as a preventative we have ugly heat in the summer. :\

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Haven't used that one, we do use one thats a worm prevenative as well as heartworm, called Iverhart Plus. I thought the vet said it was for fleas too, but the phamplet doesn't say anything about it.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I have never tried it, I use Sentinel which guards against heartworms, adult roundworms, adult hookworms and whipworms, and prevents the development of flea eggs. I've never had a problem with it but don't give it to your pup on an empty stomach.

Dana Mayhall

Mar 21, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tilly, Bud and Kami
I use Trifexis and I love it! No problems with any of my bullies.

OP
goobers mom

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you everyone I will pick some up tomorrow and try it , always scared of new products, i feel better now

Tonkas mom

Jul 13, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I just purchased this preventative today, my vet said he may throw up 30 minutes after taking it, i was a little leary of trying something new on my boy, but he didnt get sick from it and he has been very active today! I have found today that he loves the zhu zhu pet, he was pouncing on it and making it move and chasing it...he makes me laugh all the time...so yes i have tried it and so far so good! Good luck!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
My vet has just started carrying and recommending the new heartworm and flea preventive called Trifectis and was wondering if anyone has used this product on their bullies and have had any reactions to it? Thank you

We have been using it for a while and it works great for us. Just be sure to give with or shortly after a meal or it might upset your dog's tummy. I didn't once and Lucy yakked after about 30 mins. If I give with food, it is fine :) Not a flea to be seen and I hope it is working for heartworm!

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] it is an oral :)

eklikewhoa

Jul 22, 2011
Houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Heo
Are you guys having to tricked y'alls bullys to take this med? I have tried Confortis and my boys will manage to eat around it regarldess of how I hide it.

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
@eklikewhoa I just hand it to them an they eat it. I think it is liver flavored or something which is funny because Lucy doesn't like liver but will eat that. lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online