Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
So far the puppy stage has cost me about 10K to replace/ repair the things she has chewed.

I cant wait until the laid back stage!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So far the puppy stage has cost me about 10K to replace/ repair the things she has chewed.

OH MY!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Finally got a dog that loves water.

She actually like to stick her head underwater and blow bubbles.
4b155de54c1d89eb8b47651485be348f.jpg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

That is awesome... beautiful pool!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Laid back stage? Ha! That’s funny. Nyala will be 4 in September n she sure isn’t laid back! Duke...well Duke I doubt he’ll ever be laid back.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)

Awe.... beautiful pool!!
Bella would love to float too!!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey

What a wonderful site!!! I really commend you and your wife for all that you've gone through and hanging in there!!!! BRAVO!!!

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
What a wonderful site!!! I really commend you and your wife for all that you've gone through and hanging in there!!!! BRAVO!!!

It has been tough. The fighting has decreased from daily to about once a week.

Training was a flop. Trainer hurt his back & not much was done in 5 weeks.

He is now coming to our home once a week to help. Corrections with a leash & collar on when we get to a time where the fighting could begin.

I hate to say it but I bought a shock collar & have been using the vibrate function for the most part.

This is one WILD dog. I tested the collar on me & have it set to 27 on 1-120 scale. Barely a static shock.

Have only had to use the shock a few times.

She has started chewing on the house again, wife not happy as I just paid 1K to have it all repaired.

she gets crated when we leave the house now, usually only a few hours.

She gets crated in our bedroom at night so I am not woken up to a dog fight on top of me.

Like i said earlier, the vibrate function gets her attention 99% of the time.

Never thought I would buy a shock collar but without it she would be finding another home.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

He is now coming to our home once a week to help. Corrections with a leash & collar on when we get to a time where the fighting could begin.

I hate to say it but I bought a shock collar & have been using the vibrate function for the most part.

This is one WILD dog. I tested the collar on me & have it set to 27 on 1-120 scale. Barely a static shock.

She has started chewing on the house again, wife not happy as I just paid 1K to have it all repaired.

She gets crated in our bedroom at night so I am not woken up to a dog fight on top of me.

Never thought I would buy a shock collar but without it she would be finding another home.

I never in a million years thought I would use a pinch collar or a shock collar and I have both for Louie. He is an angel outside of the house but when people come over he is a terror no matter what. I haven't had to use the shock collar in awhile but I have it and will use it if I need to. I figured out yesterday when my parents came over that Jax is his trigger. He sees Jax getting excited and jumping and running and so that sets Louie off. They both calm down but Louie must have the pinch collar and leash on him when people are at the house and I have to walk him outside to greet them before they come into the house.

I know some people are against these collars but as long as they are used correctly, they can be a great tool.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

I never in a million years thought I would use a pinch collar or a shock collar and I have both for Louie. He is an angel outside of the house but when people come over he is a terror no matter what. I haven't had to use the shock collar in awhile but I have it and will use it if I need to. I figured out yesterday when my parents came over that Jax is his trigger. He sees Jax getting excited and jumping and running and so that sets Louie off. They both calm down but Louie must have the pinch collar and leash on him when people are at the house and I have to walk him outside to greet them before they come into the house.

I know some people are against these collars but as long as they are used correctly, they can be a great tool.

We were the same, Banks was brutal and without the vibration/shock collar we would have had to rehome her... I am not exaggerating— she was a 9 yr training session!! Very smart and knew when she had an opening because we were lax in our training or limitations. The collar was always on her but after a few years it was never active just gave the presence that she knew we were watching

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles

I am just like you, never had a dog that remotely needed one, all were pretty model citizens, until Bam Bam...

Poor Pebbles looks defeated. Once Bam Bam has the collar or leash on, Pebbles becomes her old self, jumps on the bed & backs up to sit on us. Just like a dump truck.

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
We were the same, Banks was brutal and without the vibration/shock collar we would have had to rehome her... I am not exaggerating— she was a 9 yr training session!! Very smart and knew when she had an opening because we were lax in our training or limitations. The collar was always on her but after a few years it was never active just gave the presence that she knew we were watching

Yes mam, Her whole demeanor changes when the collar is on. She will let Pebbles play without taking her ball away.

I unfortunately find myself loosing my patience with Bam Bam after she body slams Pebbles & takes her toys.

The collar straightens her out with just a few vibrations, usually

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes mam, Her whole demeanor changes when the collar is on. She will let Pebbles play without taking her ball away.

I unfortunately find myself loosing my patience with Bam Bam after she body slams Pebbles & takes her toys.

The collar straightens her out with just a few vibrations, usually

That was Banks.. true definition of a ‘bully’. She just had to have everything and would body slam, bowl over or attack to get it

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey

OMG with ALL of the concessions that you have made, ALL OUT OF LOVE, I would not spend one minute on second guessing (which you're not doing...just sayin) yourself OR justifying the use of the shock (VIBRATE) collar. As I said before BRAVO!!!!

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Wife home sick, her & all 3 dogs lying in bed when Bam Bam attacks Pebbles.

Wife has to beat Pebbles off of her as she is not as strong as i am.

Hope this was the one attack this week.

I wonder if I get her spayed if it would help?? She is about 8 months old..

She is so sweet 99% of the time, just doesn't like Pebbles....

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.