Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I didn’t realize people still did this. They are schmucks.

This actually brings up a question I’ve been curious about. Where does everyone put their dog while riding in the car. Jax is in and tethered to a booster seat in the back seat. Louie usually goes in a crate in the very back but then this weekend I was driving with him and the weather was horrendous and I was thinking that if I were to get rear ended, it would not be good for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have a minivan... they are both in the middle seats leash on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I still see here in Alberta dogs in the back box of a pickup. Seems there is no law for that here. Go figure.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Still a "tradition" here. Just less because more in the shelters-sad,sad county.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I hate to see it and it really should be banned. I avoid following a pick-up if they have a dog in the back.

Monty sits in the front passenger foot space (can't think what else to call it!). He cannot jump and is too heavy to lift any higher in my SUV. As it is I have to put his front feet on the car and lift up his rear end, jockey style! I have to hold his harness so soften the landing when he gets out. The only long trip he has been on was in the back seat strapped in, and he was not very happy.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I hate to see it and it really should be banned. I avoid following a pick-up if they have a dog in the back.

Monty sits in the front passenger foot space (can't think what else to call it!). He cannot jump and is too heavy to lift any higher in my SUV. As it is I have to put his front feet on the car and lift up his rear end, jockey style! I have to hold his harness so soften the landing when he gets out. The only long trip he has been on was in the back seat strapped in, and he was not very happy.

I have a standard SUV and get Louie in and out the same way. I had a ramp for him but he refused to use so then I got stairs and sometimes I can force him to use them but for the most part I do what you do. I am rethinking having him in the back in a crate in case we were to get rear ended. I might switch him to the middle area and just tether him to the seatbelt.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.