Anyone tried CBD for pets?

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
Porkchop is 8+ yrs now, walking as if he is in pain. He does have bone spurs in his spine brought on when he was a bouncy boy in his youth. The vet says this is affecting his rear legs as they are often wobbly. I recently read that there are CBD (cannibas) treats and oils that are made for pets and found to be effective in relieving discomfort and anxiety.

Has anyone tried these on their bulldogs? If so, what was the result?

Thanks.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I give CBD oil to my Frenchie twice a day. I canā€™t tell you if I see results because I am not necessarily treating a condition which makes him achy or anything. He has a disc disease so Iā€™m using it more as a preventative. However, I know many people that use it on their dogs with great results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
paw7004

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
Where do you get the oil? Online?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Where do you get the oil? Online?

I have gotten it at a local pet store, online but this last time I got a higher concentrate one from the acupuncturist that you can only get from a vet. Treatibles is a brand that you can order online.

OP
paw7004

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
Thanks! I'll check local stores and that brand online.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] I have an EBD that is a rescue. She has allergies(environmental)scratching and nothing much has helped her-except pred. which could be worse in the long run. Can you tell me the strength of the CBD that you are giving Jax? Thank you!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] I have an EBD that is a rescue. She has allergies(environmental)scratching and nothing much has helped her-except pred. which could be worse in the long run. Can you tell me the strength of the CBD that you are giving Jax? Thank you!

I'll check the bottle when I get home! Do you give her a bath with a medicated shampoo? I used to have to give Jax a bath every week and I rotate between Ketohex and Chlorhexidine. Neither shampoo will dry out the skin. Now that he is on the Cytopoint injection, I usually bathe him once a month, sometimes twice if he needs it.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks! I'll check local stores and that brand online.

You can also try giving liquid glucosamine, bone broth, green lipped mussel powder...all are supposed to be good for the joints.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Porkchop is 8+ yrs now, walking as if he is in pain. He does have bone spurs in his spine brought on when he was a bouncy boy in his youth. The vet says this is affecting his rear legs as they are often wobbly. I recently read that there are CBD (cannibas) treats and oils that are made for pets and found to be effective in relieving discomfort and anxiety.

Has anyone tried these on their bulldogs? If so, what was the result?

Thanks.

I sure would go for it!

https://healthypets.mercola.com/sit...r-dogs-osteoarthritis-epilepsy-treatment.aspx

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/cbd-oil-for-dogs/

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

The bottle I have is .5 mg per drop. This is from the vet so itā€™s higher concentrate. Right now Iā€™m giving Jax 6 drops in the am and 6 in the pm. There is no specific dosage for CBD oil. Itā€™s a range of drops based on weight so itā€™s kind of a project to figure out the amount that will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Thank you, [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION]. I have tried everything else-so I will try this,too!

SamanthaPowell

Mar 16, 2023
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
NA
Hi there paw7004! While this thread is a bit older, I can share that many pet owners have found CBD products to be helpful for their furry friends in managing discomfort and anxiety. CBD treats and oils designed for pets have become increasingly popular for their potential benefits.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.