My little guy needs a companion

cindyc

Nov 15, 2018
Las Vegas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ozzy
My little guy Ozzy is 5 months old. I would like to get another bulldog puppy, but need some opinions on if another male or female would be better. My last bulldog, sweet Bugsy was an only dog and I always thought I should have gotten him a companion. I work from home, so I have plenty of time to train them both. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome.... female. Chances are always better for opposite gender to get along

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I have 2 males and other than the occasionally little squabble, they get along just fine. I know some people prefer a male/female combo. With any combo, the key will be letting them know that YOU are the alpha. Since Ozzy is still fairly young, it would probably be a good time to introduce a 2nd dog and they can grow up together.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have always had 4 or 5 females, with an occasional male.The only time mine have ever had a spat, was over a toy. I have always been the "alpha" dog :), so have not had problems. Most members on here recommend having one of each -is your decision, but either way-you have to be the alpha mom.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
At present we have 4 females that get along great...thanks to my wife, Sandy...aka Alpha.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
We have three female dogs and one male. They all get along.

OP
C

cindyc

Nov 15, 2018
Las Vegas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ozzy
Thank you all so much for your input. I was thinking a female, my husband doesn't think it will matter. There seems to be more males available than females. Maybe once we finish basic puppy training, I'll take a Alpha training class:)

Members online

No members online now.