Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Our boy is here

Quote Originally Posted by Danbillam View Post
    Think were definitely on the right track with his food now smaller harder poos and the pink round his mouth has gone completely it has never been so white even from first seeing him at 6 weeks
    Great news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

2. Likes Danbillam, rjisaterp liked this post
    Country
    Uk
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

We got up this morning and our boy was struggling to breath and making like a heaving noise and like he was trying to clear his throat. It stopped 10 minutes or after his breakfast then started around lunch time with his nose running aswell.
    We took him to the vets and they said he has a cold. Gave us some antibiotics for him and a injection of it to get it started.
    He’s happy in his self and eating drinking and playing.
    Hate hearing him breathing and making noises like this

Anything else we can do to help while the anti biotics get to work

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@Danbillam Sorry to hear this about the little fella'. It is very scary when they get sick, especially pups. You can use a steam vaporizer, for him. If he sleeps in a crate, or confined in pen for the night, have it on. Keep a close eye on him, as if he gets any worse,pneumonia could be setting in. Sending prayer for your Frank, and perhaps there will be more suggestions to help. @helsonwheels as to what would be best in the vaporizer.
    "
    It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

5. Likes 2BullyMama, oscarmayer liked this post
    Country
    Uk
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    @Danbillam Sorry to hear this about the little fella'. It is very scary when they get sick, especially pups. You can use a steam vaporizer, for him. If he sleeps in a crate, or confined in pen for the night, have it on. Keep a close eye on him, as if he gets any worse,pneumonia could be setting in. Sending prayer for your Frank, and perhaps there will be more suggestions to help. @helsonwheels as to what would be best in the vaporizer.
    Fingers crossed the anti biotics kicked in quickly. He slept all through the night and has made maybe 2 small coughing noises this morning. No heaving or struggling like yesterday. He’s had his breakfast and in full on puppy mode now lol.

The little bugger has figured out how to climb on the sofa now so our other dog has no escape from him

7. Likes 2BullyMama, oscarmayer liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Fingers crossed the anti biotics kicked in quickly. He slept all through the night and has made maybe 2 small coughing noises this morning. No heaving or struggling like yesterday. He’s had his breakfast and in full on puppy mode now lol.

The little bugger has figured out how to climb on the sofa now so our other dog has no escape from him
    ————————————————-

Nyala when she was a pup n green guk coming outofgher nose, eyes n mouth.. I did the following.....

Respiratory/Colds (In the diffuser. Cup size in diffuser is about 1/2cup). OIL AMOUNT WILL GO ACCORDING TO THE SIZE OF THE CUP HOLDING THE WATER...

This was for her nights but you can also use daytime. I leave it all day also so when she's roaming around the house she gets to clear her lungs. Again I have a timer on mine.

3 drops of Eucalyptus
    3 drops of Peppermint
    3 drops of Lavender
    2 drops of Lemon

Do add tea tree 3 drops...

Oil and water DO NOT mix why you need a diffuser that is ultrasonic ionizer cause the vibration is so fast it breaks the oils in the water. Example: If you put oils in your bath you need a carrier which means like a teaspoon of honey or coconut oil n mix it in then put it under running water.

9. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Our boy is here

Fingers crossed the anti biotics kicked in quickly. He slept all through the night and has made maybe 2 small coughing noises this morning. No heaving or struggling like yesterday. Hes had his breakfast and in full on puppy mode now lol.

They sure learn quick! Hope he feels better soon... keep a close eye on him as it can quickly turn to pneumonia since he is so young

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    e.

11. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    Country
    Uk
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

He seems like he’s pretty much over it now but will carry on with the tablets and he’s back at vets Friday

13. Likes oscarmayer, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    Uk
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

The cold cleared up quickly and he went for his last jabs with the kennel cough vaccination Friday. The vet said he looked too lean but from reading on here hes doing perfect. Very defined and ribs arent visible but can be felt. Hes now just shy of 8kg at 11weeks and 1 day with far too much energy lol.
    Giving it a few more days then going to start with small walks he hates it in the house at the minute.
    -d28888e9-61d7-4bb0-82cd-8af6d232e068-jpeg-dc08d3bd-b280-455d-9464-7203c12d9779-jpeg-8c6e9b1b-da11-44e0-90ae-e0a3539c1515-jpeg-dca9e38e-53b3-45a7-adc7-a5bb7d64663f-jpeg

15. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

The cold cleared up quickly and he went for his last jabs with the kennel cough vaccination Friday. The vet said he looked too lean but from reading on here hes doing perfect. Very defined and ribs arent visible but can be felt. Hes now just shy of 8kg at 11weeks and 1 day with far too much energy lol.
    Giving it a few more days then going to start with small walks he hates it in the house at the minute.
    -d28888e9-61d7-4bb0-82cd-8af6d232e068-jpeg-dc08d3bd-b280-455d-9464-7203c12d9779-jpeg-8c6e9b1b-da11-44e0-90ae-e0a3539c1515-jpeg-dca9e38e-53b3-45a7-adc7-a5bb7d64663f-jpeg
    He is too adorable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    e.

17. Likes Danbillam liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads