NERVOUS About Joey's FIRST Hotel Stay

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hello all!! As many of you know Joey is a great traveler. She goes with me on many, many trips. BUT they've all been to vacation homes, relatives homes, etc. NEVER a hotel.

Well in a few weeks I will be heading on a weekend trip with friends. Joey's normal overnight sitter cannot watch her. My friends have really been pressuring me to bring Joey. The hotel is pet friendly, downtown Pittsburgh. If I do this I will take her security camera.

She has NEVER stayed alone in a hotel room, NEVER has she been on an elevator, NEVER has she stayed 4 or 5 floors up, etc.

I need some advice please. I am really stressed about this. My biggest fear (please don't laugh) is that someone will steal her from the room. I don't know what to do.......

Thanks for listening.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If you are calm and matter of fact about the hotel, she will be also. The only thing that might be foreign to her, is the elevator, but with your reassurance, she will be okay.
If she feels that you are stressed,she may stress. You have a security camera-just don't let anyone pet her and cuddle her at check in-(strangers) then (as many in the vet office here) they think "pit bull" or bulldogs are nasty,mean-no one would be brave enough to try to break in and steal her! If you are in a good hotel, I would guess that's not likely to happen,and you do have the camera. All will be well-enjoy!! Bring a familiar blanket/toys for Joey.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] THANKS LYNN! Your reply makes me feel much better. It is nice hotel, not sure about the pet friendly rooms, I've never stayed in one.......

LOVE your comment that no one would be brave enough......

You ROCK !!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have done many trips and hotel stays with our pups over the years.... they have no issues. be sure to bring her crate so she can be safe in the room when you are not with her ... Nitshcke at the remote at one of our stays :)

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
We have done many trips and hotel stays with our pups over the years.... they have no issues. be sure to bring her crate so she can be safe in the room when you are not with her ... Nitshcke at the remote at one of our stays :)

Thanks so much! You and Lynn are always right on it with help :) But.....I have not crated Joey since she was 7 months old. Granted, I work from home and this helped A TON transitioning her to run of the house. Now at over 3 years old she has had the "run" of any place we've stayed, with no issues (but never a hotel). This is another thing that scares me...BUT if I decide to go I will be able to check in on her with the security camera. I'm still not 100% sure that I will be going....still kind of stressed about it.

Thanks, as always, for the help :)

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
oh boy,,, i'll just say that though Hank has gone to many hotels with us, we always take him in and out when we go sooooooooooooo, not sure how that will work. Might i ask what security camera you have? I would love to have one (seems that i asked this before but i never got one so wondering again) as we're planning another trip and would love to be able to watch him. Dang dogs got us licked for sure!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
oh boy,,, i'll just say that though Hank has gone to many hotels with us, we always take him in and out when we go sooooooooooooo, not sure how that will work. Might i ask what security camera you have? I would love to have one (seems that i asked this before but i never got one so wondering again) as we're planning another trip and would love to be able to watch him. Dang dogs got us licked for sure!

They sure do! lol

I have Vimtag cameras, 3 here and one at my sisterā€™s for when Joey stays there. Theyā€™re awesome! Just makes me feel better being able to peek in on her

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
They sure do! lol

I have Vimtag cameras, 3 here and one at my sisterā€™s for when Joey stays there. Theyā€™re awesome! Just makes me feel better being able to peek in on her

thank you so much, and i'll be looking into it/them ;)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
We've taken our kids on so many hotel stays I couldn't begin to tell you how many. NEVER an issue. All of our kids just roll with it. Worry not.
We should probably be talking to Joey and advising her how to keep YOU calm and relaxed. On second thought, I'd bet she already does a stellar job at that and could likely be advising us.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
We've taken our kids on so many hotel stays I couldn't begin to tell you how many. NEVER an issue. All of our kids just roll with it. Worry not.
We should probably be talking to Joey and advising her how to keep YOU calm and relaxed. On second thought, I'd bet she already does a stellar job at that and could likely be advising us.

Truer words have never been spoken :) Thanks for the insight to hotel stays :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.