Help!! Cherry Eye? Pics

Hanks dad

Oct 9, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
Hank has just turned 5 months and yesterday a reddish, little protruding under eye and if you would take a look and see what you think. Yesterday there was lot mucus and gave he Benadryl and this morning it was stuck shut from dried mucus. It looked better this morning once I cleaned up eye area but now after playing w neighbors dog for 15 minutes, it looks worse. See pictures. Thank you for any suggestions- trip to the vet is in near future. Just maybe looking for mind eased

Also- it does seem to move up and down - I am editing post now because it already has lowered down a little into bottom lid but still not like it was few days ago

869B3E36-7880-4702-9BB7-A9A1434C900F.jpeg

18ECF543-AEDB-43E5-AD9F-8E8C9E7CED38.jpeg

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
It is not cherry eye, it is inflammation of mucous lining of the eye, the cause difficult to decide by picture. Can be because of allergy or infection (which in turn can be virus or bacteria). What will help in any case and you can do it meanwhile before you get to vet, is frequently wash his eyes with eye washing saline solution available OTC. Just any eye saline from Walmart or CVS.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
If you won’t wash it, even if it is just allergy excessive discharge will anyway get infected with bacteria that are naturally present around. If it is viral or bacterial infection, washing won’t let infection to develop that bad.

OP
Hanks dad

Hanks dad

Oct 9, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
Thank you for a quick response! Yes it goes down inside and after being outside for 15/20 minutes, boom- it rises up
We are using saline solution and will get into the vet.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Lalaoopsie is exactly right!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you for a quick response! Yes it goes down inside and after being outside for 15/20 minutes, boom- it rises up
We are using saline solution and will get into the vet.

How is he doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Hanks dad

Hanks dad

Oct 9, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
He has been right back to normal since yesterday morning so fingers crossed!!
I continuously wiped eye with cotton balls n saline solution along with saline drops,even though he absolutely hated it but it’s back to normal so thank you for easing my mind and helping me out with it.
How is he doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online